Chapter twenty two

Roman was angry.

Angry at himself.

Angry at his decisions.

Angry at everything.

Angry at the deal.

He sighed deeply, and walked out of his house, knowing Remus was about to tell his mother what happened.

What he did.

How he killed Emily.

Thunder and lightning cracked in the night sky as rain started to pour down onto Roman.

He decided to go over to Virgil's house..to try and smooth things over.

He knocked on the door and Lucia answered.

"Oh Roman! What a joy! Come on in!" She smiled warmly.

He smiled back.

"Why are you here, my dear?" She asked politely.

"For Virgil." He responded nervously.

"Oh, he went to bed a few minutes ago, you know teenagers, always taking naps in the middle of the day!" She smiled.

Roman smiled at her enthusiasm.

His smile dropped when when he saw Andrew. His heart rate sped up.

"Andrew?" He asked in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"...I live here??? This is my house, wife, and my child that's sleeping upstairs." Andrew said, confused.

"These two have a history.." Lucia whispered to herself.

"You-wait- was Emily your daughter?" Roman asked.

"Yeah." Andrew said plainly. "Why?"

"Roman? My name ring a bell? You're the one who told me-"

"SHUSHsHUSHSHUSHSHUSHSHUSH!" Andrew said, remembering who Roman was.

"Wait you're the boy I- .....okay." Andrew said, obviously stressed.

"Lucia go to your room." Andrew said, Lucia obeying.

"Why didn't you tell me she was your kid? More importantly, why'd you tell me to hurt her?" Roman asked.

"She was blind. She was a nuisance to have around." He said cooly. "Getting rid of her was the best thing I could have done. I needed someone to get the job done for me. I needed someone. I needed you."

"But that's not-" Roman said.

"I know, but she deserved it. I was kind of hoping you'd kill Virgil too." Andrew shrugged.

"All my friends hate me now because of what I told them about this.." Roman sighed out.

"You told them what we did?!?!" Andrew yelled.

"No no no! Well, yeah, but I lied! I blamed everything on Ram and Kurt! Didn't even mention you!"
Roman said in defense.

Andrew chuckled. "I knew bringing those boys with you would work out in your favor."

Roman nodded. He sighed when he got a text from Remus.

Remus: MOM WANTS YOU HOME ASAP

"Gotta go..bye." Roman said, running out, and shutting the door after he left.

Sure, Roman was the main one doing all the bloody work while he forced Ram and Kurt to help, but he had to do it.

It was years ago, why does it even matter anymore?! He groaned, because he knew fully well he could have refused.

But back then he was different, he was worse, he'd do anything for a good laugh. It got out of hand. He knew what was supposed to happen but all he thought he had to do was lead her...

Roman opened the door to his house, immediately being yelled at by his mother.

She immediately punished him to his room for the time being. She needed time to think about what to do.

Roman walked past Remus, shoulder bumping him harshly before walking to his room in anger.

He sat on his bed for twenty minutes, then his mom walked in.

"Why..? Why did you do it?" She asked.

"Ugh! Ram and Kurt-" Roman started.

"Are not the problem right now! Besides, I know that's not true. You're the 'leader of the group' besides, you have the full ability to say no-"

"FINE! I forced Ram and Kurt into helping me, alright? The story I told Remus wasn't the truth but I did it for a reason!" Roman yelled, climbing out of his window and running away, "i'm going out!" He yelled to his mother.

"Wait what reason?! Where are you going?! YOUNG MAN! GET BACK HERE!" Katlin screamed, running to the windowsill, watching her son run away into a foggy, rainy direction as the thunder and lightning cracked and boomed in the night sky.