Chapter 81

A/n: okay, don't freak out peeps, but I unpublished my story "What Happens Next" a few hours ago.

Don't worry, i'm re publishing it soon, but I just had to put it through some editing, because back when I first made it I couldn't write for crap.

Now I feel like when I actually try I can write pretty good. So, I edited the first chapter, and i'm happier with it now. I'll proof read a few more times, then i'll publish it.

A lot is changing, so I hope ya'll are okay with it.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Doubt, Speaking of blindness, Crying.

Anyways, ON WITH THE CHAPTER!

Patton stared at the wall and thought of Roman. One of his life long best friends.

It's hard to lose someone you've known so long. It's hard to find out that the person you adored for so long as a best friend isn't who you thought he was.

Patton felt confused. He felt as if he didn't know Roman at all, despite knowing him for years.

He felt..hurt.

Betrayed.

He wanted to continue to be Roman's friend, but could he?

No. Surely, he couldn't.

He kept rewatching old news stories involving cases having to do with him.

The most recent one made him cry as soon as he was sure everybody was asleep.

A puppy?! How could he kill a poor, defenseless creature?! The news report went into such detail..but at the same time..barely said anything.

For example, why? Why did he kill the puppy? A fit of rage? A joke? Just because he wanted to? ..An accident? Were the rats a cover up?

Patton had no idea. He felt as if he didn't know anything anymore, and he hated that feeling. He hated the feeling of knowing someone who he once looked up to and thought was one of the coolest guys in the world..was now someone he may never be able to speak to again.

What would everybody say if they knew he had these feelings? Everybody else hated him. Would they hate Patton too if they found out he wanted to salvage their friendship?

Patton's frown deepened. He also, was not very fond of Roman anymore, but when you look past all of the bad times..and reminisce on the good ones, it's hard to ignore the burning feeling you inside of you. The feeling of sadness and anger.

Patton cried a little louder, and punched the pillow he laid on.

All of the good times, drowned out by the bad..it wasn't fair.

It wasn't right.

————————————————————

Screams could be heard. Everywhere you turned, screams and yells.

None of them bad.

Screams of laughter. Yells of fondness.

Something Lucia hadn't heard in a long time. She smiled at the children running around. She relished every noise, every smile, every angry yell.

It was so amazing.

"You know, I never knew you had a daughter.." Amelia muttered randomly.

"Andrew never let me tell you.." Lucia whispered back. She pulled out her wallet, and showed a young Virgil holding up a two year old Emily towards the camera. Big blue orbs stared right at them.

She pulled out another. "This was the most recent photo taken of her, just before the day she..the day she died"

"She was beautiful.." Julia muttered, having walked over to see for herself.

Crystal blue eyes and long blonde hair complimented a face so gentle and fair, littered with small, light freckles. Barely noticeable.

"If I was as pretty as that when I was in kindergarten" Amelia muttered in jealousy.

"Andrew always-always hated her..for her blindness" Lucia said.

"Oh, that prick!" Julia exclaimed.

"She was born with horrible eyesight, but became completely blind when she was just one years old. I was told recently that Andrew bleached her eyes out once. I haven't the slightest clue what the motive was" Lucia frowned.

"She would've lost her vision completely over time anyways, but doctors assumed it wouldn't happen until she was at least seventeen...maybe In her twenties if she was lucky, and if we treated her problem seriously, she may have never even went completely blind, but glasses would've been mandatory for her vision. Without them her vision would've been completely blurred away."

"So...there was always a chance that she'd be able to see? And Andrew took her sliver of hope away from her?!" Julia growled.

Lucia's eyes filled with tears, and she hid her face, "I-I just wish I could've helped her.." Lucia cried.

"Every day since i've figured out I was pregnant, I've been avoiding all of these negative thoughts,because I know stress is bad for the baby, and I want my baby to be as healthy as possible, but I just-I just don't know how to protect them! What if I eat something the baby can't handle and I hurt it? What if I eat too much? Too little?" Lucia cried.

"Lucia! Sis! Calm down, it'll be okay" Amelia exclaimed, hugging her sister, Julia following in suit.

"We'll be with you..every step of the way."

A/n: I wrote this as quick as I could, i'm a little busy, so excuse the spelling errors if you happen to see any.