A night to remember.

I was relaxing on the window with Emil holding me as we were in the same position we were the night of the Filmore concert.
"You know, I missed watching the stars with you." He told as he lightly traced patterns onto my skin.
"It was better from your room."
"Not after you left."
"I really wish mum had let me tell you. Maybe then I could have sent you a letter and we wouldn't have lost touch."
"I do not blame you Ashley. I'm just happy we have one another once again." He told before the door to my room opened.
We looked over and saw Joosep rush in.
"Your highness. Your father has given me a very important side mission to do so while I watch over you."
"And what is it?" He asked
"Locate the whereabouts of your childhood friend. Ashley Warner."
"Does he not remember us telling him after the camp trip?" I asked
"I honestly never know with him." He told making me giggle.
"Joosep." I said
"Yes Ash?"
"I'm the childhood friend remember." I told
"That's right you are! How silly of me to forget. I'll tell the king right away."
"Wait no!" We both exclaimed making him stop.
"Why not? It's my side job to locate you and I already have."
"Oh god he truely doesn't." I told making Emil chuckle.
"Remember Joosep. We promised not to tell my father that I was living in the same house as Ashley since that would mean my identity would have been revealed to someone."
"And it would mean he would have to be sent home which is not what we want." I added
"I'm sure your father, the king, will understand."
"We still shouldn't risk it incase he does Joosep. And that's an order." He told
"I understand your highness. I'll let you two get back to watching the stars together." He told before leaving as he shut the door behind himself.
"I find it oddly comforting knowing he hasn't changed." I told
"Remember when you first slept over? We could not sleep for so long." He told as he chuckled a bit.
"I will never forget that night."

~(when they first slept over)~

"Your majesty. Ashley Warner has arrived." Joosep told as he did a bow.
"Good evening your highness." I told as I did a little bow to him.
'Why do I still get nervous when meeting the king?'
"Ashley you do not have to bow to me. I just wanted to make sure you had everything you will need."
"I do. Thank you again for letting me stay over for the weekend."
"Of course. You are free to stay the night whenever you like Ashley." He told before giving me a pat on the head. "Joosep will take you to where Maxemil is."
Joosep came back to the room and began to lead me to where Maxemil was. I gave another quick wave to the king which he returned.
"I'll see you again at dinner time." He told making me nod.
We walked through the halls and soon came across Maxemil room. He gave a small knock before opening it and took a step in.
"Your highness, Ashley Warner has arrived." He told as I took a step in.
He turned around and once he saw me he began to smile. He rushed over and gave me a hug which I quickly returned.
"Ashley I must show you the view." He told as he pulled away and grabbed my hand.
We rushed to the large window he had and sat in front of it.
"The view is absolutely wonderful Emil."
"Just wait till tonight. You can see 1000 upon 1000s of starts. And the moon shines ever so bright."
"I can not wait to see it myself."
"It would be a night I surely will never forget."
"Neither will I."

~(Present)~

"Whenever I missed you the most I would look out at the stars and moon and hoped you did the same." He told
"I believe as soon as I found out about my father I rushed to your side."
"I still could not believe you ran all the way in the rain to come see me."
"You make me feel safe." I told as I looked up at him.
"Ashley...."
"Yeah?" I asked as I turned around so we were face to face.
He took my hand and we interlocked our fingers together as he held our hands close to his chest.
"I have had feelings for you ever since we were little. I however didn't know that. I just know I don't ever want to lose you again."
"Emil you won't lose me again. I'm not going anywhere."
"Ashley Isabella Warner-Jackson, will you be mine?"
"Maxemil Magnus Gustave Nils Anders Henrik Adolfus Bjorn Gunnar Olaf Vanderklaut the Third. Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"
"Till the end of time."
"Yes. I will be yours as long as you will be mine." I told making him smile.
"Always Ashley. Also it's Gustav."
"I always have trouble remembering that." I told making him chuckle. "It is completely unfair that you have 11 names while I only have 4. It's easier for you to remember them while I can not."
He cupped my face again making me lean into it. He began to move closer towards me and just before we could kiss my door was knocked on making him become startled and fall off where he was sitting. The door opened and we both looked to see Teddy with food and drinks.
"Should I ask?" Teddy questioned making me giggle.
"He got startled by you knocking." I told before looking back down at Emil. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah..... I think at least."
"Come on." I told before pulling him up.
"Well anyway. I brought food and drinks since it was the only way to get away from everyone." Teddy told as he shut the door behind himself and headed over to us.
"Let me get the table." I told before collecting it from its spot.
Emil helped me pull the table to the window before we all sat down and placed the food and drinks in front.
"You did good today boys."
"Don't sell yourself short Ash. You believed in us."
"That is true. You've always believed we could do great things." Emil added
"Well cheers to us then. We made no big difference in history but we made our history greater." I told as I held my can out for them to cheers.
"To us!" We all cheered as we hit our cans together.
'This is who I can call my family.'