Lunch? No lunch

(Emil p.o.v)

"Huzzah! Lunch period. I wonder what culinary delights the lady of ladle has cooked up for us today?" I asked as we walked around the corner to Teddys locker.
"You mean Lunch lady Bernice?" He asked as he put his bag in his locker.
"Yes, Bernice. The artist behind yesterdays sweet and sour fish logs." I told before doing the chief kiss I've seen a lot in the movies making Ashley giggle.
"Some people believe cooking is a form of art and I think it's interesting to think that way." She told making me smile.
"Call me picky, but I don't like my food in log form. That's why I pack the same lunch everyday. An egg salad on wheat, and for a fun dessert, a gummy vitamin."
"Teddy I love you and everything but that sounds very sad." Ashley told making him give her a look as I chuckled.
"Well, why not eat it in the cafeteria with me for once? We can sit by the trash cans and say hi to everyone who recycles!"
"No thanks. In the computer lab, I can eat lunch, do homework and listen to podcasts all at the same time. Now that's a Teddy Jackson life hack....son! Yeah, that's definitely working."
"Don't get too ahead of yourself Teddy. You may just eat the vitamin before the sandwich." Ashley told.
"Never. I can't have my treat before my lunch."
"Well, suit yourself." I told before heading towards the line seeing what we are having today. "Rutabaga hotdish! Bernice, your eye might be lazy, but your creativity never rests!"
"Neither does mine." Ashley told
"That is true you are always creating something ever since I have known you." I told making her smile.
"I'm still shocked that you were able to hide it from us for so long." Teddy told
"For someone smart your not very bright." She told making me laugh as he gave her a look.
Teddy looked behind himself before quickly turning back to us.
"I got to go." He told before rushing off.
"What about you Ashley? Care to join me for lunch again?"
"I would love to but I need to go around and get confirmation on people's designs. Which will take awhile."
"But I'll see you again once your done right?" I asked
"Of course Emil. I'll see you around." She told before walking off.
'She is gorgeous.'
I was waiting in line excited for today's lunch when a strange guy began to talk to me.
"Boy oh boy, would you look at this line?"
"I know. It is not everyday that you get Rutabaga Hotdish. It's every Wednesday."
"Hate to break it to you, but it's gonna be a Rutabaga not-dish by the time you get up there. Of course, that wouldn't be a problem if you had a front-of-the-line pass." He told confusing me.
"Front-of-the-line pass?" I asked to help with my confusion.
"Glad you brought it up. I happen to have one extra. I've been looking to sell it to someone cool."
"I am cool. Sometimes, I wear my sunglasses even when it is slightly overcast." I told impressing him.
"Pretty cool. Tell you what. I'll give you the cool guy discount. Twenty bucks." He told as he placed his hand out.
I put the money in his hand and he gave me the pass making me even more confused.
"Who is Phillipe Kincaid?"
"It's you now buddy." He told before leaving me by myself.
'He is very nice.'
I made my way to the line and had the biggest smile on my face.
"Pardon me, fellow students. I have a front-of-the-line pass." I told as I made my way into the cafeteria.
Everyone was making a lot of noise as I was making my way to the front when vice principal Chipler grabbed ahold of me and pulled me out of the cafeteria.
"Sorry, pal. This school has a strict no cutsies policy." He informed me as he let the grip
"But vice principal Chipler, this is a legitimately purchased front-of-the-line pass. I even received the cool guy discount." I told him.
"Well, then you got tricked twice." He told before laughing and lifting his hand for a hi-five. "Did you hear that? No?" He said before putting his hand down when he was left hanging.
"This is obviously a misunderstanding."
"I'm sorry, but this is going on your permanent record...... Philippe Kincaid." He read before going towards the other students. "And let that be a lesson to all of you. You're in Chipler's house now. Literally. I sleep in the basement."
"Why do you not sleep at home?" I asked making him come back towards me.
"Because my step dad told me it's time to grow up and move out of the basement. But I know he just wants to play with my trains." He told before heading off leaving me by myself again.
'Guess I won't be having anything for lunch now.'
I went walking and ran into Ashley again, making her drop all the papers she was holding to the ground.
"Oh I am terribly sorry Ashley." I told as I went to help her collect her things.
"Emil it is completely fine. But why aren't you in line for lunch?" She asked
"It is a long story but I will not be laying eyes on Bernices rutabaga hotdish." I told as we stood up.
"What happened?"
"I'll tell you later." I told her.
"Ok. But I do not want you to starve so...." she told as she went into her tote bag and pulled out a sandwich. "Let's go halfies."
"Ashley I can not take half of your lunch."
"Emil I won't let you go hungry. So we can share. Besides I usually only eat half during lunch and then the other half later when I'm hungry. So it's not bother for me." She told
"You truely are an angel Ashley."
"Come on I still have work to do and you might as well join me for it if you want to that is." She told giving a small smile making me smile back at her.
"I will always accept your invitation to being in your company." I told
"As will I." She told before intertwining our fingers together and then she pulled me after her.
'I will follow you to the ends of the earth Ashley.'