44- masquerade dancers, part 1

request: can i have a chapter where y/n and the squad attend a masquerade, and while theyre there, y/n gets kissed by a mysterious, handsome, masked guy? if you do this request, can you please make it illuso or formaggio? i love those two :)

of course i can, my dear reader! a masquerade was supposed to happen in the story anyway in order to keep the progression.  so, ill make it so while at the masquerade arc, y/n meets your super mysterious kisser! this will have to happen sometime in the next two chapters, though, as this chapter is simply wrapping up the previous chapters! 

welcome to the end of the story, my dear readers! in around fifteen-twenty chapters, this book will be finished!

thank you for the request! i promise to do more requests later on!

----------

"how did you even find that out? does that mean amelia died while i was gone!" you panicked, eyes growing wide as you shook ghiaccios shoulders. 

devan looked at you with a curious stare as he was now braiding Amelia's hair, the girl in question sitting pretty in front of him as she munched on some warm pancakes. "she didnt die, mom. she's right here!"

you huffed, turning to face the small red-headed boy while holding a tight grip on ghiaccios shoulders. "thats not what i mean, sweetie. please go back to playing with amelia while i talke to mister ghia."

"you mean dad?"

the room flooded with uncomfortable silence, amelia nodding in agreement at devans statement as if she had said it herself. ghiaccio merely braced for impact as he almost immediately knew you would chew his head off, which surprisingly never came. "what do you mean 'dad'?" you repeated.

devan leaned over to rest his head on amelias shoulder, his chubby cheeks squishing against her body and making his eye close. "i mean, he's really nice to me and made you pancakes, and he told off mister pros when he found out he called you bad names."

a heavy sigh blew out of your mouth, almost making ghiaccio think he might not get in trouble with you. "thats nice, dear, but please dont refer to my friends as your parents for now, ok? if you want, you can call them 'uncle'. "

devans face dropped. "ok, but im calling mister ghia 'dad' for now since im making mister pros no longer my dad. hes my ex-dad."

"thats fine, i guess. just dont call him that in front of anyone else, ok? only call him 'uncle ghia' if someone else is near you."

"ok!" he happily cheered, returning to braiding ameilas hair.

already exhausted by devans antics, you turned back to face ghiaccio, who was pushing back a happy smile. "ok, now tell me. how. did. amelia. die."

"well," he mumbled, bringing a finger to stretch the rim of his collar and air out his shirt, "turns out the stand you shot that was attacking the kids in the basement wasnt actually dead, and the user from outside came inside and attacked the kids. spade was luckily still somewhat lucid and defended them while in her restraints, but when formaggio in his injured state attempted to step in and help, the person shot him and he just- gave out."

a sick sensation boiled in your stomach from his words. "... formaggio.... died? maggio is dead?"

"no! no, he isnt!" ghiaccio replied in a stammer. "let me finish explaining... spade, according to melone, attacked the enemy again but failed in disarming the gun, which shot amelia square in the head. devan apparently retreated to melone while all this happened, and spade managed to defeat the user again by freezing them in ice and breaking off their limbs."