38- out of reach

(sorry the update has taken so long, here you are! thank you for waiting so patiently!)

"above me... and below me?" you repeated, putting your hand on your chin. 

the room went silent as everyone processed spades twisted words, the air growing thick with pressure until spade once again spoke, making all heads snap towards her. "hee-hee-hee~! your friends arent doing too well!"

melone yawned, leaning all of his weight onto your back in a large bear hug. "what the hell are you talking about?"

"oh-ho~! the little bug in my ear said your friend is hurt! oh no, and he's by his lonesome! poor blondie!" she giggled, swaying back and forth on the counter.

"blondie..." you mumbled to yourself, backing up from spade as a gust of pink flew your way from her mouth. who could she have been referring to? could it perhaps be prosciutto?and could the 'bug in her ear' maybe be a communicator of some sort? the answers of these questions you didnt know, but you did know that if spade wasnt lying, then one of your friends could potentially be in deep trouble.

shrugging melone off of you, you stumbled to your feet with the aid of [GOLDEN RULE], a determined expression on your face. "im going to go help them, see if there is anything i can do. the both of you need to stay here and make sure anybody that comes back isnt too hurt."

formaggio picked up his bruised head, looking into your eyes disapprovingly. "oi, you shouldnt be going anywhere. youre just as beat up as melone is, so sit your ass back down, (y/n)."

he sounded more aggressive than usual, more angry. though, you weren't intimidated in the slightest, moving away from the two men before they could grab you. "stay here with devan and amelia, ill be right back."

"no! you sit your ass back down and let those three handle it!" melone yelled, leaning out to grab you, only to grasp the open air as you moved further away from him.

"melone." you growled, your features hardening to a menacing expression. "leave me be. im going out to help retrieve our teammates before they die."

melone, ignoring your demands, reached out for you once more. "cut the shit (y/n), and sit back down!"

"melone! tell me stop one more time, and ill make sure that you wont have a tongue to do it again!" you roared, your face curling into a infuriated expression.

the two mafiosos shrank back into their seats, the reminder of how scary you really were hitting them like a train. seizing the opportunity, you held your breath and stumbled around the couch, making sure not to inhale in pink elephants as spade breathed in your direction. shuffling to the back door, you gave one final glare before doing your best to run into the woods with your injured foot.

"that damn girl is going to get herself killed.." formaggio sighed, biting his nails.

"definitely." melone hummed in response. "but, we shouldnt worry too much. i think we've all forgotten she was once working directly under the boss. just because she lives with us now, doesnt mean that her skill has faltered at all."

formaggio nodded, huffing as he turned to look at devan and amelia playing together. "i dont even know how she manages to keep herself sane through all of this. getting stalked, taking care of two kids, mafia work, missions, practically having a target taped to her back... the pressure is probably too much for one girl like her."

"maybe if she had a partner, a bit of that weight could be lifted off of her shoulders." melone mumbled to himself, unaware that formaggio was able to hear him.