49- nobody likes a copycat!

just a fun question: what do you think spades name is?

(also im literally super fuckin depressed right now so sorry if this chapter is shit, i dont have the motivation to edit nor proofread it)

------

la squadra was given one year to locate the clone that spade had taken, which would prove to be more than a trivial task.

to start us off on our list of endless problems, heart handed devan back over to the team after learning of their plan to find spade and take the doppelganger, which he was strongly against. the android claimed that his primary goal was to keep spade satisfied while in their complicated relationship, not to keep you out of trouble.

so, of course, heart disappeared from sight immediately afterwards without a trace, seemingly already aware of where the illusive, and quite troublesome spade had run off too.

one week into their tight schedule, melone finally managed to open up a restricted file from what he managed to download from snows security, which was thankfully connected to hearts hardwire. a few hours later, he pin-pointed the location of the deviants and alerted risotto, who was, at the moment, busy distracting devan and amelia from the situation (though amelia was much harder to keep calm).

illuso practically begged to be the one to stay with you as part of vincents agreement, fighting with formaggio over the privilege before pesci flipped a coin and found it had landed on illusos bet.

it would be hard enough to get close to the clone, which they found was named '012', when protected by two defective hitmen. not only that, but 012 was supposed to be a legitimate copy of yourself, which meant that they would have to deal with both your strength and skills in combat.

in solution to this, amelia mirthfully suggested that she be apart of the operation once more in hopes of being helpful in getting you back. of course, everyone was hesitant at first until they heard her idea.

"i still have spades print, so i can change into her to help me get close to 012 if it sees her as a mother figure, which im sure it does." she hummed, gesturing to a strange, complex yellow gas mask beside her. "snow has already told us that its capability to fight will be greatly decreased if we suck out pink elephants, the virus that allows it to even stand a chance against us. im sure heart and spade will be reluctant to allow me inside, so you all have to figure out how to either restrain them and take them away from the building, or kill them without a sound."

"we're assassins!" ghiaccio would laugh in response. "of course we can get rid of 'em quietly!"

a single day later, just as promised, heart and spade were taken away. not killed, but restrained enough to where they couldnt fight back. [blinding lights] was forced to wear a blindfold so it wouldnt stun any of la squadra, and spades stand was rendered useless in the hot room they were held in, leaving them unable to help the thing they considered a daughter.

amelia would shift into spades body, having [bernadette] mold a large sculpture of heart out of clay right next to her. taking in a deep breath, the young amelia cautiously opened the door to 012's room, having to restrain herself from looking at the clone with disgust, and instead facing it with a smile.

the clone looked as if it were ready for a fight, eyes flushed a bright pink as steam fell out of its mouth in a foggy waterfall. its hand fiddled with each other, a panicky expression on its (s/c) face as it stared mindlessly into the floor, thinking.

without warning, its head snapped toward amelia, and instead of being afraid, your daughter looked more interested instead. according to vincent, pink elephants is only activated from strong senses of emotion, including anticipation and gut feelings, which she decided to use to her advantage in a conversation to seem natural.