46- still life

hello, everyone! ive decided ill wrap up this book since there are a little less than 10 chapters left! see you all at the end!

----------

your heels ached as snow continued his endless waltz, smiling innocently at risotto when he turned his way. the whole mission seemed to be ending in shambles, and while your target was taken out, you had a new problem.

it was said that snow didnt have legs, but you never factored in the possibility that he would use prosthetics. you looked down at his feet again to make sure that you werent just making this fact up, only to hear a soft voice whisper in your ears.

"do you like them?" snow mumbled, pulling you back toward the staircase where that woman in the suit was. "i had these legs made specially so i could dance with you! i even made myself a bit taller since i thought you'd like that~!"

once more, despite it not working before, you attempted to pull yourself away from him, making a bit of a scene in the crowd of boisterous people. Vincent's grip only grew tighter, crushing your hand until you whimpered in defeat. "i told you to not struggle, darling! the last thing i want to do is hurt you, but if you wont be obedient, then ill do what i must to make you listen!"

"i hope you fucking choke on your words when i strangle you!" you growled, feeling yourself get pulled up the staircase. "you have yet to really see how strong i am, you insolent cunt!"

"oh, but darling! dont think i wanted you without knowing anything about you! that'd be crazy talk to fall for someone without knowing who they are!"

what a hypocrite!

"ive done so much studying on you, my dear doll!" he continued, flashing a small smile to the woman on the stairs, his subordinate, who winked back in response. "i know your favorite foods, suit brands, favorite colors, i know everything about you! ive even gotten a recording of you picking up a car with ease and throwing it across the street! and, i will admit.."

he lowered himself down to your ear, the feeling of his grin brushing against your skin sending goosebumps down your spine. "... watching you do that made me a little excited!"

"let me go, you're fucking crazy!" you screamed, kicking him in the side and knocking him to the floor, air rushed out of his lungs. 

strangely enough, the guard on the stairs did nothing but fight back laughs, covering her mouth and turning the other way with a sly grin on her pale face. "ah, what a silly little girl...."

 you stomped toward her, summoning your ball and chain to knock her over the stairs. "what the hell did you just say?! ill beat your ass!"

"my dear,  sweet, lovely doll-" snow gasped, struggling to get back on his 'feet'. "oh, i hope you miss devan and amelia as much as they miss you..."

you froze in place, hands gripping the golden chain so tight it left dents. devan and amelia, could they have been found by snows workers? no, there's no way! tiziano and squalo have them safe and sound! they're more than capable of keeping the pair safe!

"that's cute that you tried to make me lower my guard by bringing my kids into this. unfortunately, i have people guarding them, so your tricks wont affect me, you bastard! now ill really kill you since you brought amelia and devan into this shit!"

"you've always been so oblivious, you know? not figuring out that your teammates had been turned into felines, not noticing poor doppios obvious feelings toward you, and not remembering that your 'guards' stands arent any match against five people!"

your shoulders dropped, confusion lining your face like a fine silk and leaving you dumbfounded. "doppio? no way! he's like my brother!"

"oh, but not to him he isnt! though, it doesnt matter now! youre mine, so just leave everything behind and come join me and your kids so we can live happily~!" snow laughed, treading up the stairs and leaving you next to the woman in the suit.