Chapter 35 Rest & Longevity

They woke up from deep restful sleep - to storm clouds. Literally.

Gone is the deep blue night that was strung with stars. Now the window wall of his bedroom is full of heavy chowder grey. Rain clouds roil stormy and tumble across the sky. Soaked full of rain. That's all the long vista of horizon is for today. Miserable grey rain.

Showers of it shatter in sheets down the window. Chilling the glass. Evie wake's up when she hears the first fuss of thunder growling off across the nearby trees. Her eyes peek open and blurry. She takes in the rainy storm as it breaks. The eye of it seemed to be above them in this glass fort that wrapped them up warm and safe from the elements.

She's on her front. Naked. Creased thick white covers pooling at her bare shoulders. She curls open her body. Stretching to life. Stretching out her limbs with a sleepy breathy growl. Sounds more like a mewl to Kylo's mind.

He's been up since the thunder first broke. He went and got a coffee. Let his Kitten sleep in. His mug of brew is now steaming away beside him on his bedside. The steam curling and lapping at the air. Bittering the bedroom with the smell of strong coffee. He's tugged his lounge pants on. And now he's sat up shirtless in bed. Reading glasses on as he does the crossword. A prison habit he sunk into and doesn't want to kick just yet. It's his sluggish morning routine.

And it doesn't hurt that it keeps him in bed. Next to her for a little longer...

She feels lazy and contented right down to her bones. Last night in bed clearly took it out of her. She shuffled around on her pillow and hugs the one near her arms. Curling up naked near Kylo's thighs. Sleepy warm under the covers. Dozing off all the champagne she sank last night.

She mumbles. He watches her back arch as she curls into the pillow. Thrusting her ass in the air, arcing her shoulders then sinking into the pillow down near his thigh. A moment later her blue eyes peep over and blink across at him.

"Sleepy much Kitten?" He teases. "It's almost 11. You've been out of it for hours." He smirks.

He's sat up in there in bed, reclining on the headboard, looking like a preppy tattooed god. She looked like a mussed, sleepy model. Hair a tumbled mess. Half up and half down with pins. Still draped in her Cartier wreath from last night. It glints dully in the half-stormy light from outside. Not even a cloud filled sky can blunt the shine of all those 18 karat diamonds.

She listens to him scribble on his folded up newspaper. His insanely clever mind solving the puzzle quicker than she ever could - and she's the writer with the masters degree in English. He puts her to shame.

Evie grumbles and shuts her eyes. Arms buried under the pillow under her head. He eyes how the covers slip down over her ribs. Pale creamy skin almost at one with the hue of the rumpled sheets. Like freshly fallen snow that's been stomped in by messy big boots.

Kylo's hand is suddenly on her. Coming gently across and stroking where her neck joins nobbled to her spine.

"Something wrong?" He seeks. She hears a clatter as he lays his mechanical silver pencil down.

"Too much champagne." She mumbles muffled into her pillow.

She wasn't hungover. Just tired. Physically and mentally. And after glimpsing the dismal weather, and knowing that Autumn is definitely closing in, putting a bite in the air, she wants no more than to curl up in this big bed and get swallowed up in the sheets that smelled like home and his cologne.

"Can we stay here today?" She asks him. Lazy, loose, sleepy. Contented.

When he speaks. She can gauge the sound of that smirk of his tugging up his lips. Starting to curl. "We can do anything you want." He declares.