Chapter 14 Freedoms & Attacks

Ben was at the prison gates when Kylo was walked out. Leaning suavely against his chauffeur driven car in his Gucci midnight ink suit trousers and his cedar coloured Prada suede Derby's. Smoking through a pack of vogue cigarettes as he waited. His duck egg shirt sleeves rolled to the elbows in the stickiness of the afternoon muggy heat. His collar stuck to the back of his neck, and his shirt clung tacky to the wide flat of his sternum and his pecs.

His jaeger-lecoultre watch glinted gold in the sparkling bright sun as he lifted his hand to throw away the stub he's smoked right down to the filter. Flicking it away to the grassy patch of sidewalk beside where he was waiting. Reclining back on the sleek merc with one hand in his pocket as he let the last drag of the cig fill his lungs with sweet sickly smoke.

He turned his face sunwards and let the rays of it warm his face. Catching on the Burberry sunglasses resting on his eyes. Helping soothe last night's hangover, ex-lover, and too many glasses of very good red wine. The wine turned out better than the girl he took home for the night. That left him antsy and unfulfilled.

His head snaps to where the huge chain link fence was now dragging along the tarmac, a lone figure off in the distance headed with purpose towards the gate.

His twin he was safely able to spot from a mile off. The drab tarmac and grey of the front prison yard, amalgamated with the chowder silver of the chain link fences, and Kylo's hulking black frame stood out like a sore thumb.

It had been a frigid fall day when he'd been locked up in this place - and here he was walking out on a blazing summers afternoon.

His thick jeans undoubtedly intended to be a fall item of clothing. As was his black pea coat, collar pointed up over his neck, paired with a raven black Tom Ford button down and his favourite worn pair of Givenchy Chelsea boots, topping his strong, long legs. Of which took great pleasure in striding him away from this godawful place.

He clutched onto nothing in his hands. No box full of possessions. Not even a paper bag for his phone, wallet and keys. Because on pain of death was he leaving his car keys to his beloved baby anywhere Ben could lay his sticky hands on them.

He'd slid his things into his coat pockets and told the guard who'd served him back his belongings, to get rid of the rest. He didn't want to keep anything he'd taken into that place. Only what he needed.

The guard who opened the small door out onto the front yard and the stretch onto the road, sneers a "Be good, Ren." at him. Kylo parts with a stony glare aimed his way.

He walks out onto the road, hearing the gates clamp and lock in his wake. He takes his first few breaths and steps as a free man - and he can't ever remember much else in his life ever feeling sweeter than those things.

He clocks his Twin awaiting on him by a car parked a little way up the sidewalk. Ben smiles, another cig hanging from his grinning lips.

He turns and opens the car door and brings out Kylo's welcome home present. A bottle of MacAllan rare cask, single malt whiskey. A trashy helium welcome balloon tethered to the neck with garish silver string. A cheap 'welcome home' bobbing about in playful red text on the foil shape. Kylo rolls his eyes as he comes closer.

Ben chucks the bottle whiskey at him when he comes close enough. Kylo catches it one handed.

"Welcome home, Shawshank." He smiles, smoke curling out his lips as he steps from the car. Coming face to face with his brother as the now freed convict flicks the cap off the whiskey and takes a straight sip.