Chapter 2-Their first meet

Start from the beginning

I saw that the senior was shocked by her answer but composed herself and was about to answer her back when we heard our warden's voice "what's going on here."

Without wasting a second and giving chance for the senior to speak up Kriti said " ma'am they were asking Siya to wash their clothes".

"What is this Samaira. I've asked you no. of times to stay away from juniors in the past. Don't you get this simple thing in your brain?" the warden asked, glaring at her.

I am glad, at least the warden wasn't biased.

"But ma'am it was just harmless ragging. I don't think washing clothes would cause any trouble to her. Right Siya" she asked glaring at me... silently warning me to accept it.

"Yes, she has a lot of problems with it. She's only supposed to wash her clothes and will do others' work only when she feels like doing it and she certainly doesn't want to do it right Siya" Kriti said glaring at me.

I didn't want to get into trouble especially because it was just about washing clothes which I am very used to.

"Kriti is right. Siya doesn't need to do anybody else's work. Moreover Samaira you've already been warned by Dean once to stop ragging. Have you already forgotten it or do you want me to tell your little stunt today to Dean again" the warden warned her?

"No ma'am I am sorry I won't repeat it" the senior whose name I noticed is Samaira said.

"Good now everybody back to their work," the warden said dismissing everybody.

When I was about to go to wash my clothes, Kriti dragged me to our room.

"What was that," she asked glaring at me, once we entered the room and close the door behind us. 

"What was what," I asked acting innocent, keeping my clothes on the bed.

Shaking her head she glared at me, said "don't act innocent. I know you do understand what I am talking about. But even if you want me to ask it then let me do it for you gladly. Why didn't you answer her back that you don't want to wash her clothes." 

Gulping I answered, " I don't think it would've been a big deal if I would've washed her clothes."

Shaking her head in disbelief Kriti said" seriously girl. You were even thinking to wash her clothes? You know that she was only harassing you right?" 

I nodded. 

"Then why the hell were you even considering to do it?" she asked, again.

I was speechless. We both knew she was right and I had no answers to her questions.

"Ok I've decided something today," she said when she saw me that I didn't answer for a few minutes and was staring at the ground.

"What," I asked, looking at her.

"Till the time you learn to protect yourself, I'll always be your side. Whenever anybody tries to take advantage of your kind nature they won't be able to do it. What's say? The deal" she said, extending her hand

"Deal," I said and shook my hands with her.

She jumped on me like a monkey and kissed my whole face like hell. Seriously this girl is crazy.

We then spent the entire today together and as usual, she was the one speaking most of the time.

I seriously don't mind it because it takes time for me to open up to someone new unlike her who is very much comfortable even when she is talking to somebody for the first time.

Next day

Today is the first day of college.

The weekend went well, all thanks to Kriti and I am very much thankful to her for saving me from that senior Samaira who was hell-bent on irritating me and getting her clothes washed by me.