Chapter 62

It was Valentines Day. The day of love, the day that Blake always hated because of the amount of red and pink everywhere, the amount of affection she saw with people. She hated too much PDA, if you wanted to snog someone before their class don't do it outside of the classroom.

But every year she did appreciate her dad getting her a singular daisy and a box of chocolates. Her mom had gotten her a Daisy and chocolates last year and Blake appreciated the gesture.

She looked at her necklace, and kissed the little bottle of ashes. "Want to come with me to school today dad?"

She got dressed in black jeans with holes at the knees, a slightly baggy long sleeve shirt along with a grey tshirt over it. She put her necklace of her dad's ashes gently around her neck and added a chain on the belt loop of her jeans and pulled on her black high top vans.

 She put her necklace of her dad's ashes gently around her neck and added a chain on the belt loop of her jeans and pulled on her black high top vans

She did her usual makeup and sprayed perfume on herself before grabbing her backpack.

She walked downstairs and a smile was brought to her lips as she saw a single daisy on the island along with a small box of chocolates.

I know it's not the same with me still but I didn't want this tradition to go to waste. I'll see you later.
Love,
Mom

She put the stuff back up in her room as she placed the Daisy in a small bottle of water.

When she walked outside, Jace stood leaning against his car.

"Hi baby" he smiled at her.

She waved at him and made her way to him as he greeted her with a kiss.

"Happy Valentine's Day" he said softly.

"Ditto kiddo."

He chuckled softly and kissed her again.

"I got you something."

"I thought we agreed no gifts?"

"It's just something small."

They both got in the car and he handed her the gift that was in the glove compartment.

"You want me to open it now?"

Jace nodded and she unwrapped the neatly wrapped box and it was a black box that read "Happy Valentines Day" in cursive.

"Open the lid."

"I know what to do."

Jace smiled at her and she lifted it up to see pictures fall out of her and Jace. There were goofy ones, her sleeping on him, them skateboarding, them on nightly adventures, and them with their families.