Chapter 39

Blake rolled her eyes as she saw Taylor stomp towards her.

"You're ugly you know that?" Taylor sneered.

"Thank you! I'm glad someone finally noticed" Blake smiled.

Taylor rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest making her boobs pop even more out of her shirt.

"Be careful there sweetheart, something might just come out" Blake said as she waved her finger towards her chest.

"Well at least I have boobs!"

"Push up bras only get you so far in life Taylor."

Taylor screeched and a few people watched the two teen girls encounter from a distance. They didn't want to get any closer but they didn't want to leave this entertaining sight.

"You better watch your back Blake! Jace is mine!"

"Still obsessing over him I see? Get a new hobby, this one's getting old. But guess what cupcake? I'm not afraid of you, last time I checked I made you bleed twice while you were on the floor crying" Blake said sweetly before walking off.

She did not like Taylor.

§

After school Blake walked towards her car to see Taylor leaning against it. She hasn't bothered her in a while and she hated that she was at it again. It only gave Blake a headache.

"Can you get off my car?"

"It's so sad you couldn't have a nicer car" Taylor fake pouted.

"Life isn't about having the best of everything."

"Aw well aren't you cute?"

"You are going to have a sad life ahead of you if you keep acting like this. I wish you luck."

Blake shoved Taylor with her shoulder before unlocking her car door.

"I hope I don't see you at that party Friday!"

Blake only rolled her eyes before slamming her door shut.

She really did not like Taylor.

§

"She pisses me off and one of these days I'm going to kick her ass in school" Blake grumbled.

"Well it will go on your record and colleges look at sophomore and junior year."

"Yeah well I'm not going to college so it really doesn't matter what they think."

"Wait you aren't? What are you doing then?" Jace questioned.

"I'm going to be a photographer, if that doesn't work out then I will be a singer. I mean I'm already doing both."

Jace nodded.

"You have that look, what?" Blake asked with a sigh.

"You are going to be traveling the world, that's what both of those jobs inquire. But I want to get a scholarship for football."

"Then do it? I don't get how this affects me or you."

"We most likely won't even see each other for a while."

"I know Jace."

The two sat in silence and Blake leaned her head on Jace's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Taylor pisses you off" he said softly.

"It's whatever, I can handle myself."

Jace let out a soft chuckle.

"I know."

Jace looked at Blake's arm and the top of her tattoo was showing on her forearm.

"Can I see all your tattoos?"

She nodded and went to the bathroom to change. She came back in a tank top and spandex.

"You already know the meaning behind this one" she said as she pointed to her forearm.

He traced the outline of it and looked at her thigh.

"For your dad?" he asked her as he pointed to her left thigh.

"Yeah, I drew it myself. Since he loved both singing and acting I did that."

It was a clapperboard with a microphone next to it. Inside the clapperboard was the date he was born and the date he died. She really loved his tattoo, it was her favorite one.

Jace also traced that one with Blake's permission and glanced at her ankle.

"Meaning behind the paper airplane?"

"For me, it means new beginnings. I had to start over when my dad passed and I wanted to be able to set myself free. I know it will be hard but I am strong and can handle it, I just know that I have to be able to do whatever I want without holding back."

Jace nodded and traced that one as well and he looked at her right shoulder.

"Also for my dad, as you can tell."

He nodded and traced it gently.

"I was thinking about getting a tattoo but I don't know what I would get" he said.

"Tattoos always don't have to have a meaning behind it. Usually people think they do but they don't. I know mine have a meaning but it's just things important to me."

Jace nodded and leaned back into her bed.

"Would you ever get a matching tattoo with someone?"

"Well I did" she said and flashed her forearm.

"No I mean with a friend, a future boyfriend, husband?"

"I guess it depends."

Jace once again nodded and Blake turned on the tv for background noise as they both did their homework.
———
12-13-20