Chapter 20

Blake couldn't be happier that it was officially Friday.

It was now fourteen days until the big homecoming dance and game and everyone was excited. All the cheerleaders were preparing for their routine that they were doing and all the football players were stressed because of their components.

They were going against the bears. It was the rival school and last year they had lost to them by eight points. But this year they had to win.

Blake couldn't care less about all this stuff. She came to this school a little over two months ago.

Blake chewed on two pieces of mint gum since she wasn't able to brush her teeth this morning and felt disgusting. She wanted to get rid of the morning breath. She did her makeup in the small mirror she had in her car, she had to get dressed in the backseat and look like she didn't just sleep in the her car.

She slumped down in first period and someone of course interrupted her.

"What do you want Taylor?" Blake asked with a slight groan.

She hasn't heard from Taylor in a while and she couldn't have been more happier about that.

"Me and Jace are back together" she sassily said.

"When did I ask?"

"I'm just telling you, so stay away from my boyfriend" she glared down at her.

Taylor was wearing high heels with jeans. Which wasn't the cutest look in the world to Blake.

"You should be telling your boyfriend to stay away from me Taylor, now get away from me."

"Oh I see, you're mad that I have Jace and you're making up lies" she smiled evilly.

"I'm not like you Taylor, so no I am not mad you have Jace and every single time we talk is because he comes to me. I literally could care less that you are dating him, so go somewhere because your perfume is giving me a headache."

Taylor huffed loudly and walked away as her heels clicked against the tiled floor.

§

At lunch Blake sat tiredly at her own lunch table. She drew in her sketchbook of the picture she posted yesterday. The only thing that was keeping her awake was the Post Malone song playing in her headphones.

She saw someone sit down in front of her and glanced up to see Jace. As usual she rolled her eyes at his presence and took out one of her earbuds.

"Is there a reason you are sitting here?"

Blake was not in the mood to talk to anyone.

"We are friends aren't we?"

Blake gave him a look.

"Who gave you that idea?"

"Well last night you thanked me for checking up on you and I just figured-"

"It was a simple thanks John, don't think too much of it. Besides your girlfriend's head looks like it's about to explode and I really don't want to deal with her today."

"My girlfriend?"

Blake nodded her head towards a very angry looking Taylor. Her head did in fact look like it was about to explode with how red her face was getting. Blake compared it to a cartoon character when their face turns red and smoke comes out of their ears.

"She isn't my girlfriend" Jace said with furrowed eyebrows.

He actually hasn't even talked to Taylor in a few days.