Chapter 56

Jace grumbled at his mom turning on his lights and pulling the blankets off of him.

"Let's go! Get up!"

Jace grumbled and squinted his eyes at the sudden bright light that now shined down on him.

"Mom let me sleep!"

"We have to be at the airport in an hour!"

"I rather be with Blake" he grumbled loudly.

Tammy groaned at her son before getting the rest of her kids out of bed.

Jace sluggishly rolled out of bed and threw on a hoodie over his bare chest. He rubbed his eyes and brushed his teeth before sliding on some red joggers. He put his slippers on and grabbed his phone along with his earbuds and walked downstairs.

"I'll be in the car!"

He climbed in the middle row and leaned his head up against the cold window. He yawned loudly and plugged his headphones in before shuffling his playlist and shutting his eyes.

After a long hour and fifteen minute car ride they made it to the airport. Jace yawned loudly as Tammy carried Michelle and Mark carried Gracie. Avery walked leaning against a tired Collin as they made their way pulling or carrying their bags.

They got in line for security and Jace glanced around for his purple haired girl.

"Johnny boy!"

He turned the opposite direction he was looking and smiled seeing her wearing a big hoodie over some leggings, fuzzy socks and her slip on vans. He ducked under the rope and hugged her.

"Hi baby."

"Just wanted to wish you guys a safe trip" she mumbled into his shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss you" he mumbled into her hair.

"It's only eight days."

She was going to miss him too.

"Eight days too long."

She laughed as it vibrated his shoulder and he gave her a soft kiss.

"Hey lover boy! We are up next."

Jace frowned and Blake flashed him a smile.

"See you next year" she joked.

"When you say it like that it makes it seem longer."

She chuckled softly and Blake noticed Tammy going through the metal detector.

"You should get back."

"I'll FaceTime you everyday."

"Now that's too much. It's a vacation enjoy it with your family."

He gave her one last quick kiss.

"Bye baby."

"Later skater."

§

Jace and his family finally landed in California, it was still really early California time but they were also three hours behind from Massachusetts. Jace carried a sleepy Michelle as he carried his bag over his shoulder.

"Jace bring the kids to go get something to eat. Your father and I are going to the bathroom and calling an Uber."

Jace nodded and led the kids to the food court in the airport. He gave Collin the money as he went to subway with Gracie and Avery.

"What do you want Elle?" Jace asked her.

"I just want some apple juice from somewhere" she yawned.