04. the demons of a monster

Previously

(Y/N) wipes her face and sniffles, "I... I've always been a number. A percentage, a digit on a piece of paper." She looks up to him and smiles slightly, "You're the first person in a while who's acknowledged me as a human. They forget that I breathe and bleed just like them. That... I too have a heart." She gets a hold of herself, the hurt in her chest fading a bit, "And...

s o m e t i m e s           i           f o r g e t           t o o..."

All of the boys in the viewing room and silently, some feeling guilty, others still wary of the girl. 

Kuroo still can't wrap his head around their interaction. The way she said his name, it was like she knew him somehow.

"You... forget too?", Akaashi questions.

(Y/N) nods, "Wouldn't you? If you were treated like a guinea pig your entire life?"

"I... suppose so..."

There is a moment of silence before (Y/N) sighs, "I'm guessing you still want information..."

Akaashi waves his hand, "No, uhm, well yes. But you se-"

"It's fine... but," (Y/N) looks sternly into Akaashi's gun-metal blue eyes, "I'm only going to say a few things, the things you need to know."

"Okay..."

"1. I was normal until they put some sort of serum inside me. And now, no one can touch me, and I can project the power inside of me. No one can touch me because I don't know how to flip the switch inside of me that turns my power off."

-
(Y/N) stands in a room, there's a black window, where she guesses that doctors are watching her.

"No. 0143, are you ready for your test?"

She nods.

"Now, we have a war criminal, and when you are in a war what is something you must not have?"

"Mercy."

"Good, throw him in."
-
"Amazing... the energy is just flowing through her like it's apart of her now..."

"Is that why her touch is lethal?"

"Yes, her body is subconsciously putting up a protective barrier for her."

"Incredible... so she's basically invincible?"

"Almost, she hasn't been able to project her energy yet to destroy in-organic things yet."

"2. I am the only one of my kind, all the other ones didn't live."

"3. I was supposed to be the first of many, but... that didn't happen because of the apocalypse I'm guessing. And that's all you really need to know."

Akaashi nods and sighs, "Thank you, we... still need to make a decision about you, but I don't think you have any ill intentions."

(Y/N) rests her head on the wall, "Bedhead was right if I really wanted to leave it would've been a no-brainer for me."