08. when the doors and windows are locked

Previously

She knows that (Y/N)'s healing starts when she confides in someone, when she makes a good friend. Kiyoko wants to let (Y/N) know that she has a chance to have a family, friends, and eventually the big beautiful thing called the sky.

Knock knock knock goes Y/N's door, she's surprised when she doesn't hear the jingling of keys and the undoing of a lock. 'Huh... they didn't lock me in...'

Y/N is found in more surprise when a beautiful woman, whose face she has no recognition of walks in. She finds herself in awe of her gracefulness, the way she seems to make sure and calculated steps. Y/N tilts her head, further observing the pretty girl with cute glasses and stark raven hair tied into a ponytail.

Her curiosity vanishes when she spots a white bag, and a clipboard in the woman's hand. 

Kiyoko gives Y/N a soft smile, a kind one but she frowns when she sees Y/N's face. Her lips pressed together in a thin line, she pushes herself into the corner of the wall, her eyes wide and threatening.

"Y/N, right?"

Cautiously, Y/N nods.

Kiyoko puts down her clipboard and medical bag on the floor, concluding that the objects are making Y/N scared. She walks over to Y/N and sits on her bed.

"I heard what happened with Kuroo."

Y/N looks away from Kiyoko, finding the crack in the wall where stray rays of sunlight peek through, she can almost see a sliver of the sky in the crack.

For forever Y/N has seen nothing but locked doors and locked windows. Yes, she didn't even have windows. The saying, "When a door closes, a window opens," never applied to her. She was trapped all her life, not even getting a window.

And these people, trying the invade Y/N, knocking and knocking and knocking on her doors, why can't they just leave her alone. And they won't stop, why can't they just stop. Y/N opens her doors for no one, she hasn't since the last time she denied someone access and then begrudgingly let them in.

But instead of going through the door, the one that she let in so long ago, broke the window shattering the glass, worming themselves in. The broken pieces flying into and piercing the thing she keeps so locked up. And when they made it past all of the windows, doors, safes, and locks, and when they made it to the thing she keeps deep deep deep inside her. When they made it to her heart, they clawed at it, they burned it, they cut it open and stole it right out of her. They ripped it away from her and threw it in the trash.

Y/N thinks she still hasn't recovered it from there. 

Y/N thinks that she might not want to.

Because who wants a heart when hearts can be burned, stolen, and broken.

"Y/N", Kiyoko says gently, putting a hand on her sleeved shoulder. Y/N looks at Kiyoko, well not exactly, she looks at her hand and she shrugs off the hand.

"What do you need."

Kiyoko sighs, "I want to make sure you're healthy, I am the only doctor here, and... I also need a blood test."