Chapter 26

America POV
---------

America walked into the tent, making sure no one was eavesdropping or trying to watch. Then he turned to Russia. He was laying motionless on his back. His left arm still limp at his side, but his other hand was covering his eyes like he had a headache.

" Russia," said America, talking quietly.

" I was dying," said Russia, his voice barley a whisper," I never thought-I never..."

His voice wavered and trailed off, then he tried again.

" I never thought I'd be able to say sorry," his voice was trembling," I thought I'd never be able to go back and make it right, to tell you all how bad I felt, how wrong I was."

" Russia," said America, touching Russia's shoulder lightly.

He noticed Russia didn't have a shirt on. It was laying on the ground, shredded by monsters. The only thing wrapped around Russia's torso was bandages. America blushed but didn't move his hand.

" Russia," he said again," What exactly happened back there."

" I was cornered by three monsters," said Russia, looking haunted," They attacked me, chewed me up and spat me out, but they didn't kill me."

" But, why did they let you live," said America, thinking," I mean, they've never spared anyone or anything before, so why start now?"

" I don't know," said Russia," But...I learned something."

" What," said America.

" My father, he mixed his words when he died," said Russia," He never meant to tell me I should live alone. I was so stupid."

America sat down, and he hugged Russia. Never in the week he'd known this angry, person hating Russian boy, think he would hug him. Russia hesitated, then he hugged America with his one, working arm. They stayed that way for a long moment, sharing something unspoken.

" America," said Russia, sounding distant.

" Yes," said America.

" You said you cared about me," said Russia.

He touched America's cheek lightly, tracing the bruise his fist had created.

" I'm sorry, I-I shouldn't have run away from all of this," said Russia.

" I know your sorry Russia," said America, taking Russia's hand in his," And I do care about you, I still care about you a lot."

Russia smiled," I care about you to."

--------------------

IT'S DONE!!
WE GOT EM BOYS!!!!!!