Chapter 20

America POV
---------

America watched Russia run. He ran from America, his grief, and towards a awful future. America was so guilty, he should have done more sooner. He didn't see how bad Russia's mind really was.

America looked at his hands as if they were a bloody knife he had used to kill someone. He didn't realize he was crying till it evolved into sobs. He lost South, now Russia.

He cried, he hated crying. It made you look weak. But that's what he needed right now, he needed to cry. To let his grief leave him.

" Ame, what happened?"

" Not now Pip."

Philippines walked over to him. She sat down next to him and saw his bruised, bloody, and tear stained face.

" What did he do to you," breathed Pip, almost talking to herself.

" Punched me and ran," mumbled America.

" That asshole," hissed Pip through gritted teeth," When I see him again I'll bust his head in."

" No," said America, quickly," No don't do that, he's just grieving. He doesn't know how to deal with it."

" He's still a jerk," spat Pip," He was just gonna walk away and let us die."

America sat there in silence, unable to speak.

...

Russia POV
-------

He was almost there. A little over halfway there to safety. The voice came back, torturing him, mocking him, toying with his emotions as he walked on.

You hurt America.

He deserved it.

He was only trying to help.

He's an idiot.

But you care about him.

You live alone,

" Stop."

Russia realized he was talking out loud.

" Stop! STOP! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Russia sat down, needing to breath. He was in the middle of some kind of park area. There were trees around him, almost as dense as the forest greenery. He was so lost in thought.

He didn't hear the advance of claws.

He stood and whirled around as a monster pushed its way through the trees, looking right at him. It was hideous. Russia had known they were ugly, but he'd never seen one up close like this. It stared at him with a crazed hunger, most definitely loving the look of terror on Russia's face.

Russia could run. He could run and climb a tree like a scared cat. It would work, he just had to get to the nearest tree, he was sure these things couldn't climb. That was a risk he would have to take.

He braved himself to run, but as he turned, two more monsters broke from the trees. The had the same look as the other one, thrilled.

He was surrounded.

He said a quick prayer.

Then the things charged.

He pulled out his bat.

If he was going out like this...

He was going out with a fight.