Chapter 19

Russia POV
--------

Russia was almost halfway across the building. He hadn't stopped since he ditched the others. The thought brought the guilt and the grief back.

You shouldn't have left them.

They don't matter.

Live alone.

Die together.

But America.

He doesn't matter.

Russia used his anger to push away the guilt. He kept walking, he didn't want to stop. But when he heard footsteps behind him, he whirled around, pointing the bat at the persons head.

" So, you were just gonna leave us to die huh?"

" Hello America," said Russia, his old anger returned to his voice.

" I hoped you would make the right choice," said America, sounding like a disapproving parent.

" What are you talking about," spat Russia," I DID make the right choice."

" Did you," said America," Leaving your friends behind to die, the friends who have helped you, died for you?"

" You don't know anything," Russia practically snarled," You don't understand."

" I do understand Russia," said America, sounding desperate," You cared for us and got hurt, your feeling guilty. Everyone understands that, it's not to late to come back, they'll understand, they'll forgive you. Right now we're preparing to defend ourselves or run. You can come back and help."

" No," said Russia," I live alone."

" Your broken Russia, I want to help but you have to let me," said America.

" No," said Russia," Leave me alone America."

He turned his back, starting to walk away. Then America grabbed Russia's arm from behind. He pulled Russia back. Russia spin on his heal, trying to regain his balance. Then America pinned him up against the wall, looking up at him with those intense, blue eyes.

" Russia let me help you," said America," I care about you Russia, so much. Please just let me help you, it doesn't have to be like this."

Russia's rage was almost uncontrollable. He grabbed America by the shirt, like you would see bullies do on cartoons. Then he spun, pinning America to the wall.

" Listen here dumbass," spat Russia, nearly screaming," I. LIVE. ALONE."

America shoved him hard, Russia stumbled back. He glared at America and America glared back. Russia turned his back again but he didn't move, he couldn't bring himself to move.

" Your angry Russia, your spiteful," spat America," Your only making yourself miserable, It's not us it's yo-."

Russia snapped, his rage spilling over. He whirled on America, punching hard on his cheek. America stumbled backwards and fell. He sat up, his eyes wide, hand in his cheek, where a purple bruise was already forming. His lip was also bleeding.

" LISTEN HERE BITCH," screamed Russia in a rage, not in control of himself any more," I WILL MAKE IT TO THE SAFE POINT BY MYSELF! AND WHEN I GET THIS STUPID COLLAR OFF IM GOING BACK AND KILLING BRITAIN AND THAT BASTARD AUSTRALIA! I WILL LIVE ALONE!!! AND ON MY WAY BACK TO PARADISE, I'LL WALK OVER ALL OF YOUR DEAD BODIES CAUSE YOU ALL FORGOT ONE THING! IF YOU LIVE TOGETHER YOU DIE!!"

Russia grabbed his stuff and ran, leaving America stunned on the ground with a bloody lip and bruised face, crying.

And only when Russia made it to the halfway mark.

Do he realize he was crying to.