Chapter - 21 : Confused Minds

Start from the beginning

"Aunty it must be in ..." Swara stammered and started looking for piece of jwel inside her dressing table.

"I know, you have been brought up in London. I know you are a modern and working girl. I have no issues if you don't want to wear it every day. I can understand sometimes, it does not go well with modern and formal attire which you will wear for office, meetings or any parties. But at least for today, can I request you to please wear it. Family's elders are coming; I don't want them to pinpoint anything on my daughter." Sujata appealed caressing Swara cheek.

"Sure Aunty" Swara could not reject Sujata's plea. She was awestruck looking at her mother in law, she was understanding and supporting her on every step of her new life. She took out her Mangalsutra from dresser drawer to wear it. She adorned her maang with sindoor. She looked at her own reflection in mirror, her eyes landed on her martial symbols declaring the world that she belonged to him, her husband, her rival. She touched her Mangalsutra with trembling fingers which increased her heartbeat remembering their marriage day.

"You are looking ravishing Swara, Sanskar is really lucky to get you as his life partner. You both make a perfect couple. Just give some time to yourself and everything will fall in its place." Sujata assured after pecking her forehead passing her motherly love. She covered Swara's face in veil and took her out of the room holding her shoulder.

Sanskar was standing with Neil and Niren, they were discussing about something when Neil eyed him to look back. Sanskar turned to look at his bride descending stairs along with his mother and sister.

"Sanskar, come sit here" Sujata asked pointing towards the couch of family room.

She made Swara to sit beside him and then raised her veil to adjust on her head.

Sanskar gaped at her from corner eyes. He skipped his heartbeat for a moment looking at his bride. She was looking like goddess of pageant in her orange and pink lehenga with matching jewellery and light make up. His heart swelled and started running in his ribcage with maximum speed when he observed her marital symbols. He blinked his eyes and gulped audibly to supress his over excitement. 'Stop it Sanskar, Mom must have forced her to wear them as we have entire family here. Don't have high hopes this soon.'

All ladies praised Swara's beauty. They blessed newlyweds and gave gifts to Swara in the form of Shagun. Divya was reluctant for joining this celebration but on insistence of Sujata and Ram she agreed to be a silent spectator of the function.

"Divya how is Sahil? Where is he?" her maternal cousin asked in low whisper.

"He is in Mumbai but living in our Juhu's penthouse. And please you don't need to feel bad for him. He is very happy where he is." Divya replied imperiously passing death glare to Swara enough to be heard by Swara, Sanskar and Sujata.

Swara scrunched her eyebrows, yes that was true from last night she did not get a single glance of Sahil. 'It's good he is not living here, less headache for me.'

Sanskar and Sujata rolled their eyes apathetically.

When function and other rituals were over guests and relatives started moving towards patio area where dinner was arranged. Sanskar got up from his seat when he heard loud voice from his back.

"Hey buddy" Rohan called from back with bright grin, he came forward wishing him "Congratulations Sanskar"

"Rohan, thanks man" Sanskar acknowledged with nod and passing quick brotherly hug to him.

Swara was looking at them standing beside Samaira, she had never seen Sanskar so comfortable with anyone other than his family members and Neil.

"Rohan, my brother" Neil joined their hug.