Chapter Twelve

Poison

Ophelia DeLevisay

I come crashing down from the most intoxicating high that felt so real, when I'm with him something just takes over my entire body and suddenly I'm incapable of anything, which does not help. Over the past month I have avoided Draco with extreme precaution, but he was all I could think of.

 I try and steer clear of him in class, I evade his presence in the common room, I shun him in the corridors and halls, but I have an obligation to watch over him in way. We had this mutual agreement but, after that I've been put off slightly, despite only wanting more. I'm conflicting inside. What do I do?

I told Eden what happened that night.

It's been a few weeks, I can still recall everything, except how I got in his room. I remember her asking if he took advantage of me in anyway and I stopped her in her tracks. No, he didn't, he didn't take advantage, even when he was capable of it. 

From what I can remember he actually looked after me after...Formi and Theo. He cleaned me up and made sure I was safe.

 I did feel safe.

I was aware and conscious of everything at that point; the shower really sobered me up, but he still gave me a fucking laceration the last time I was in the same proximity as him. It healed within a few days as it was only minor but fuck me it hurt, not as bad as getting my first tattoo in comparison, even then he is still all I can think about.

We were up speaking for hours into the morning talking about the boys and how she wished Blaise would just ask her out already and make it the real deal, so she said, I told her about how he fucking rocked the shit out of my body and how intense it all was which just made us giggle in a weird, excited energy.

It was all good until I told her about the blood and the laceration, leaving her speechless, which doesn't happen often. Eden is a big sister to me, so her immediate reaction was to march to his room the same morning and gave him a fucking piece of her mind, from what she tells me. Apparently she came down on him like a tonne of bricks. I fucking love Eden for that.

Eden was pissed off at him for a while, but she eventually got over it after much reassurance that I was fine; all that's really changed is the level of solid hatred I had for him before, now just increases day by day. I love Blaise and Eden, but Draco just provokes the wickedness within me.

I can't stand him; I've watched him taunt Harry and Hermione and Ron relentlessly, which terrified me. I'm not their biggest fan either but you don't see me violently smashing in Harry's face, I've had to help Blaise pull him off harry before he beat him to a pulp, for whatever reason.

He's poison, he's toxic but he is all I have to fucking think about. I always come crawling back for more of him. He uses me and I use him, and as much of as I hate him, I'm don't want to just be used anymore, I want more of what he has to offer; whatever that may be.

***

pov: Draco Malfoy

I hurt her. I hurt her really badly and I just stood there. I didn't mean any of it, any of what I said or did. Eden made sure I knew how badly I hurt her, hence the black eye I'm carrying around. I can still hear Eden's words in my head; "if you hurt her, I will fucking kill you," and believe me, she defiantly tried when she heard how I treated Ophelia.

I deserved it, she reassured me that Ophelia hates my guts, I'm not surprised, I hate my guts too.

I tried to help but, I just didn't know what else to do, plus I was tired and just not in the mood to see anyone, but she was there when I woke up which actually...comforted me. That quickly scared me, she made me feel safe, no one has ever made me feel safe before, it was new, and it scared me, so I had to get rid on the threat. I seriously regret that.