15: Spell

I woke all of a sudden. I looked around confused until I finally understood why I woke up.

The sound of rain filled my ears. I smiled as I felt Jin's arms around me.

I tried to wiggle out of his arms but his grip only became stronger. I groaned as I knew I had no way out.

I smacked his shoulder multiple times. "Jin... Jin... Jin!"

He didn't react until I screamed his name. "Yah! What?!" He didn't let go of his grip one bit.

"It's raining!" I said happily.

 He smiled softly as he saw me happy. "I want to go with you," he said pouting.

"Sure. Get your coat."

The door opened out of nowhere. Both of us turned to look but no one was in sight until I looked down.

Rogebd.

"Mistress! We are ready!" 

I chuckled. I guess all the family is going. 

We all got out. I gripped tightly the necklace in my hands.

Everyone stood under the roof of the house as I went under the rain. I kneeled down to place the necklace over the sand. I sat over my knees in from of the necklace.

I looked at it for a couple of seconds. 

This necklace brings many memories to me... my parents gave it to me a couple of days prior to the massacre, as if they knew something bad was about to happen...

Part of me strongly believes that they knew... everyone knew but the kids.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts. The spell will go wrong if I'm not focused.

I took some herbs out of my pocket. The herbs were already wet as I was soaking. 

I opened the middle diamond of the necklace... the biggest one. I took out the old herbs and put the fresh new ones inside. I closed the necklace once all of them were inside.

I took the necklace in my hands. I put the diamond right over my heart as the rest of the necklace was hanging from my hand.

"Dear ancestors... please protect me through this magic necklace..." I repeated the same thing about five times before a strong, white light blinded me.

The light came from the necklace...

My parent's image flashed through my eyes as their spirits went inside the necklace. They smiled at me for a flee second before they disappeared.

Tears started to run down my cheeks without me realizing it until it was too late. Two strong arms wrapped around me. He was still dry but with me and the strong rain, that was not going to last.

I melted in his arms. I let myself get all my sadness out... for once.

It has been so long but I never get to cry everything out... I used to think it was better to push everything aside but it is not. That is the worse thing you can do.

Jin started to whisper sweet nothings into my ear to calm me down. His rubs on my back made me stop crying.

I know he saw all the ghosts going into my necklace. 

"Who were they?" He softly asked.

"My parents..." I said barely loud for him to listen.

After a while, he lifts me up to take me inside the house. 

He sits me on the floor of the porch. He puts a towel over me. He dries my hair first as I look down, still feeling depressed.

Jin doesn't like that because the next thing I knew was me being hovered by a soaked Jin.

Why is this so hot?

He smashed his lips with mine for a flee second.

He frowned out of nowhere. "Now I see how I didn't detect you... you don't feel like my mate anymore."

I gulped down nervously. "W-what? Not even with the mark?" 

He shook his head. "You just feel like someone normal... not special to me."

Every word that came out of his mouth felt like sharp knives going right to my heart.

I'm not special to him anymore?

Without realizing it, a single tear run down my cheek.

Dang it. The impact this man has on me.

I gasped as he took the necklace off me and threw it to the side.

He buried his head in the crook of my neck He inhaled sharply. "Here it is. My mate." He kissed my mark.

"Jin!" I whined.

 He growled. "I don't like that thing one bit."

I sighed. "Okay. I'll use it just when we are in danger. Rogebd, Digaco, and Bastet can detect any danger for me right away... soon enough for me to prepare.

He trailed kisses from my shoulders up to my ear. "I'm glad," he whispered in my ear. "Because I abhor that necklace of yours."

I chuckled. "We should go to change..."

He groaned. "Okay. But we are cuddling right after."

My heart skipped a beat as I felt a presence... not a dangerous one though.

"Karmeleytos..."