***

Odds were not in her favour. They never really were.

Selene woke up with the sound of her front door pounding. She knew who it was and hoped that ignoring the door would make him go away eventually.

Keir was persistent, he knocked for straight five minutes giving her a headache.

"I know you are in, Selene! If you don't open the door until I count five, I'll invite myself in." She heard him yell on the other side of the door.

Selene rolled her eyes and tugged her blanket close to her, ignoring his stupid attempt to get her out of the bed.

"One... Two... Three..." He started counting. He paused for a moment before counting the other two numbers.

"Four...Five!" He yelled.

She heard soft click sounds and large footsteps. Selene's eyes went wide inside her blanket, not expecting him to actually come in.

Keir pulled the blanket off her and glared.

"How did you come inside?!" She shouted and grabbed the blanket, covering her thinly clothed body from him.

"Perhaps instead of Googling me, you should Google how to break in." He retorted.

He brought up the Google thing that she used to answer his cop killer question. Honestly there won't be much about Keir in the internet, he is a highly confidential criminal and a very little population knows about him. He was pretty pissed that she went behind his back. But seriously what did he expect, she can't possibly ask a serial killer about his biodata.

Selene glared at him through her front fringe that was falling over her eyes.

"Why didn't you open the door?"

"Because I'm not coming." She fumbled with her blanket wrapping it around her chest and thighs.

"I'll kill Haden." He threatened.

She glared at him, "Go fuck him. I don't care!"

Keir growled, shaking her to the core. With no warning he pulled off the blanket and wrapped his arms around her knees and waist. He tossed her over his shoulder and made his way to the front door.

"Keir! Put me down!" She shrieked and punched him on his back.

"Ow!" He winced but continued his walk.

"You son of a deranged demon! Put me down!"

Her main concern was her shorts, they rode up showing off half of her butt.

"Okay! Fine. I'll come." She agreed.

He finally put her down gently, grazing her bottom in the process. She took two large steps back placing a clear distance between them and adjusted her shorts down.

She knew the look on his face, there was smugness painted all over it. He was trying to control his laughter and apparently sucking at it.

"Be a good girl and get dressed. As much as I like those clothes of yours. I'm afraid it's cold out there." He smirked, staring up and down the length of her body.

Selene went inside her room, stomping on her way to there. She was in no mood to shower, so threw on a pair of blue jeans and white lace blouse, layering it with a warm blue jacket.

Packing an extra pair of clothes and a night wear in her backpack, she came out of her room. Keir was waiting for her on the couch.

Selene wordlessly came out of the house and locked it once he came out as well. Without another word they sat in the car and Keir glanced at her way.