Chapter 10 - Sweet Joke

"Come on, Let's start practicing," Sam clapped his hands to gather our attention.

We circled around with our hands hanging freely by our sides.

"Who will be part of the three legged race?" Sam questioned.

I innocently shook my head, my eyes waiting for someone to reply.

"Ash, Can you?" Sam asked.

"Ok," Ash replied.

"I will be his partner," Emma interjected.

"I am feeling dizzy. I can't see anything properly. Sorry I can't be part of this game," Ash responded, acting like he can fall on the floor anytime due to dizziness.

I bit my lips to hide the smile that was forming on my lips. I knew he was lying.

"Then Nick and Emma will be part of this game," said Sam, his eyes fixed on Nick.

"If Asher is not doing this then I am also not doing," Emma muttered.

"Ok" Sam sighed "Bella and Nick, Is that Ok?"

"Ok," I and Nick replied.

I slipped out of my sandals and took my seat. Nick too sat beside me. Ash squatted down and clasped my and Nick's leg.
He carefully tied them together with the help of a rope.

I cocked my head towards Ash and whispered in his ears "You lied, right?"

He smiled, flashing the dimples on his cheeks and nodded.

I got up clumsily. We lifted our leg above the ground and then placed it. Suddenly I stumbled.
I lurched forward and tried to regain balance until I felt someone grab me from behind. Ash's hands wrapped around my shoulder preventing me from falling.

"Did you just fall down?" Ash questioned.

"No, I was checking if gravity still works,"I retorted.

His lips curled in a grimace, he turned his head towards Nick and requested "Please, make sure she don't get hurt".

"You care so much for me," I exclaimed.

"I care for myself," he responded.

This Trash!

Anyway I and Nick took our steps carefully. Since it was the first time, we were lacking Coordination.
Another step and I was again about to fall even Nick.

"Careful," Ash screamed from behind.

We locked our arms for balancing ourselves.

"I can't do this," I exclaimed.

"Calm your body. I am there to support. You just need to take steps with me, not before not after," Nick advised.

I kept my foot on the ground crunching the grass and took another step. His arm reaching my shoulder for support.

His advice was working. I was able to walk without falling down. Though I stumbled a bit.

"Careful!" Ash screamed again.

"Yes, we are," I responded, rotating my head towards him.

We practiced for an hour when I stumbled he supported me and when he stumbled I did the same. We improved alot in just an hour.

Nick spun his head towards me with a sweet smile touching his lips. "You are a fast learner".

My cheeks flushed, sending a pinkish colour to it and I just nodded in reply.