Chapter 33 - Three Magical Words

I buried my face into my hand and let out a deep sigh escape my mouth. I leaned  my head against the desk. Squeezing my eyes shut, I thought about last night incident. Jack didn't return home. Dad's concern for his spoilt son didn't let him sleep, even for a minute. And how can I sleep whilst such tension.
The rest of the world became detached. I could barely hear the people chattering around me. The cloud of worries swallowing my other thoughts.

I rose my head as I felt a tap at the back of my head, only to find a boy having a toothy smile on his face. He was wearing denim jacket over a simple crisp White shirt. He completed his outfit with simple blue jeans and sneakers.

"What are you doing?" Ash asked.

"Kissing the desk," I replied. "Wanna join?"

"Bella, this sounds wrong."

He chuckled slowly and warmly reminding me of honey. He had half little laugh to match his half little smile- and his half little mind.

I looked back up at him; a gentle flush of pink had arisen in my cheeks that made me look vulnerable. "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean that."

"You are blushing, aren't you?" He spoke, one brow rose on the boy's forehead. His lips curled up in a snarky grin, well defined Cupid bow.

"It's because of embarrassment," I responded. "By the way why are so well dressed?"

"I am always well dressed. You don't notice my existence much."

"If I don't acknowledge your existence then whose I do," I snorted.

Ash closed his eyes, pretending to think for a while. Then opened his eye, pointing at Nick.

Nick was living in his head. I know we all do to a degree, but it was most prominent with him. It was like his body was no more than a vessel to take him to interesting things to read and knowledgeable people to talk to. Besides he looked
dead serious.

When he doesn't though.

Tearing his gaze from his book, Nick looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"What you wanted to tell me yesterday?" I asked Ash, curiosity peaking in my voice.

"I don't remember it," he spoke while pretending to be a airhead- that he is.

"You better stop lying," I replied. "I can show you the message if you want."

"Ok, I will tell you when I should," he replied. "Or maybe I won't tell you and it will remain a secret for you forever."

"That's not fair," I said, completely ignoring the fact that I was whining like a child.

"Yes, it's unfair but I will still do it."

"Then I will assume anything of my own," I responded.

"Your wish."

The teacher walked into the room like she was expecting perfect order. But clearly the students were too disciplined to listen to the teacher.

"Don't you think you should thank me for kinda date that I planned for you," Daisy murmured, a wide smile playing on her lips.

"Why?"

"You know why," she said. "Though some clingy kids were present there but you can still thank me."

I turned my head towards her in disbelief. I raised my eyebrow, my annoyance was off the charts.

"Why don't you ask Nick to thank you?" I faked a smile.

"I was mainly focused to help you and if he got benefited from that. It's his goodluck," She muttered. "He don't need to thank me but you should."