Chapter 9 - Ask yourself

I swallowed my breath and finally spoke "I thought you won't come to school today".

"What are you doing with him?" Jack groaned, his eyes were fixed on Nick who was also looking at him dauntlessly.

"I fell down and -"

"I am standing here from the time when he grabbed your chin. You didn't fell. Are you lying to me?" Jack doubted.

"N-No, first let me complete. I said I fell down few days before and got hurt so he was checking whether it's serious or not," I covered up.

"You were smiling for this?" Jack raised his brow.

"I was smiling because --" I murmured.

"Because?"

"I-I was thinking about how silly I am that I fell on the stairs," I made a excuse.

Jack shook his head, not looking satisfied with my answer.

He took a step forward, gripping Nick's Collar forcefully pulling him towards him.

"Are you a doctor?" He started "You don't need to care for her. I am there, Mom and Dad are there to take care of her. I remember you are that boy's friend. What was his name? Umm.... Samuel. You know what I can do so don't force me. Just. Stay. Away. From. Her."

"Why don't you stay away from her? It will be better for Bella," Nick replied, flashing a look at me.

My hand trembled, I furrowed my eyes. Jack won't tolerate this.

"I am not in a mood to fight now. I am repeating my words again Just stay away from her," Jack said, finally letting go of Nick's Collar and fixing it for him.

Nick's jaw was clenched and his hands balling into a fist. He sucked in his breath. His cheeks began to blossom a red out of anger. His eyes narrowed, his lips pressing into a thin line.

"Come, Bella. Don't waste your time," Jack muttered.

He snatched my Bagpack from Nick's hand. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and made me turn into another direction.

I had lots of things to discuss with Nick.

I glanced once again at Nick before climbing the stairs.

Nick exhaled, his eyes squeezed close. He didn't bothered to look at me.

My class was in front of me but when I tried to search for them. They were not there.

"Bye. If anyone will trouble you just tell me," Jack uttered.

Wow! The troublemaker is telling me if anyone will trouble me then I should inform him.

"Yes, I will."

I quickly claimed my seat. The monotone buzz of several-hundred voices hummed like an orchestra of deadbeat droids. A single figure entered the room, silencing the group.

Mrs. Smith was surely in a good mood today. Their was an ear to ear grin on her face.

"Goodmor --," She began speaking but was interrupted by Someone.

I saw Sam, Nick, Dylan and Ash asking for permission to enter the classroom. They were out of breath.

"Why are you late?"

"Mam, Sam's parents were fighting. And how can we leave him alone in such a difficult situation," Ash blurted.

Why it felt like he was mocking me when he said difficult?

"What's the connection with you all coming late to school?

"That I don't know but there is a connection. You see each and everyone who came on this earth has some kind of connection with each other. Like we are your students so this is our connection similarly he is --," said Ash in a way that he is speaking something so important.