38 | „Why is a boy in boxers standing in the middle of you room ?!"

„Why is a boy in boxers standing in the middle of your room ?!"

Laura's POV

"You've been inside my house once, right ?", I asked as I unlocked my door and opened it afterwards.

Ross nodded, "Yeah, that one time I brought you home after the party."

I stopped for a second in embarrassment, "Right."

He glanced at me before chuckling, "Such a pity that you don't really remember that night."

"Maybe it's better this way.", I murmured, remembering how frustrated I was that night because of Diana's words.

"You were pretty cute.", he said, making my cheeks flush in embarrassment before adding, "I mean you even told me that you think I was handsome, which was really fluttering.", he said in a joking tone.

I hit his arm, "Stop that."

He shrugged while trying to hold back his smile, "I'm just stating facts."

"Whatever.", I mumbled.

"You're not denying anything.", he said with a smirk but than turned his attention to my house since we were still standing at the entrance.

I turned around and walked over to the kitchen to see if there was anything my mom had prepared for lunch.

She told me that Dad and her would go grocery shopping today and I thought it'd be perfect since Ross would come over for the project.

"My mom made some soup for lunch and lasagna, would you like some ?", I asked Ross as he entered the kitchen.

"Yeah, why not.", he answered.

"Alright, "I'll warm it both up.", I told him. "We can go upstairs to my room in the meantime.", I suggested.

"Sure.", he said as he followed me upstairs.

"Alright, let's gather some ideas.", I said as I sat down on my bed and looked at him. He on the other side started to walk around my room.

"There really isn't much interesting stuff here.", I told him while taking my notes out of my bag.

"There is."

"What is ?", I asked him while turning around to look at him.

"You."

I rolled my eyes at him, making him chuckle, "Whatever, let's get started. This project isn't gonna finish itself."

"Alright.", he said while taking my chair and sitting down across from me with his bag on his lap, taking out his notes.

"So I was thinking that we could start off by making a vague structure.", I told him as I looked through the papers.

"Yeah, I agree. After we have the structure, it will be much easier to make progress.", he said. "Can I use your laptop ?"

"Yeah...", I said while turning around to get my laptop which was already on my bed.

"Thanks.", he said while opening it and turning it towards me to type the password in. After I did, he turned the laptop towards himself again.

I was looking at the notes when I heard Ross speak up, "What's 'beeeest summer' ?", he asked, not trying to hide his amusement when I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Don't open that.", I warned him.

They were pictures of last summer when the others and me went to the beach that one time.