51 | "It's because I'm happy."

"It's because I'm happy."

Laura's POV

After I sat down on the driver's seat I leaned over Ross to put his seatbelt on. When he mumbled something I turned to look at him only to notice our proximity.

I shook my head to myself while putting his seatbelt on and getting back to my seat before starting the car and drive.

"Wait, you're driving ?!", Ross suddenly exclaimed, making me flinch.

I glared at him for a second before turning my attention back to the road, "It's been like 15 minutes already, you only notice it now ?"

"It's been 15 minutes ?", he repeated before mumbling, "That means we'll drive another hour with you as a driver."

Just as we stopped at a red light I hit his shoulder, "Shut up !"

He chuckled before closing his eyes and slumping down on his seat.

"Why did you even drink so much ?", I complained while running a hand through my hair and looking at him.

I started driving again after the light turned green and looked at the navigation system again.

Thank god Jordan typed Ross' address in. Otherwise I wouldn't know where to take him.

"It's because I'm happy."

I furrowed my brows while glancing at Ross' sudden statement.

"What ?"

He opened one of his eyes to glance at me before closing it again and sighing, "You asked me why I drank so much.", he paused, "It's because I'm happy."

I turned to look at him to see that he had a smile on his face.

It was only than that I realized that he never got drunk at any party. He was always sober.

Was it because they won the game he was so anxious of ?

No matter what it was, I felt relieved on behalf of him.

He was so much more than those rumors in school said about him.

Whatever it was, I was glad that he was happy.

When we arrived at the house the navigation had brought us to, I stopped the car and turned towards Ross.

He fell asleep and leaned his head onto the car window.

I tapped on his shoulder, "Ross ?". When he didn't respond I repeated, "Ross ??"

He slowly opened his eyes and looked around, "Where are we ?"

"Your house. Let's get you home.", I said before opening the car door slowly.

"But I left my keys at home.", he mumbled.

I widened my eyes, "What ?!"

"Also, no one is home right now...", he said before closing his eyes and leaning his head on the window again.

I pressed my lips into a thin line frustrated before shutting my car door again, "So what ?"

He only shrugged in response, making me sigh.

I tapped on the steering wheel while thinking of a solution but nothing came into my mind. Do I really have to take him home with me ?

I mean yes, he's my boyfriend and all that but still..

Oh, whatever.

I'm overthinking again.

I started the car again and drove towards my house this time.

•••

Another update, hope you guys liked it I also wanted to tell you guys that I'm thankful for all the love & support ❣️Thank you for reading.

• Fave line ?⭐️

• One thing you can't live without ?❣️

• Favorite game ?🎲🎮

• Any ideas what will happen in the next chapter ?

Have an amazing day & stay safe

-t.