15 | "There you go again, Sweetheart."

Chapter 15 "There you go again, Sweetheart."

Laura's POV

"Come on, Lauraaaa, even Ross agreed to play with us, why aren't you ?", Eva pleaded.

Right now, she was trying to convince me to play tag with Chris, Ross and her. I can't believe that Ross actually agreed to play along. He was probably doing this to annoy me and yes, he was doing a good job with that.

Glancing to Ross, I see see him smirking while raising his brows challengingly at me.

"Come on, Eva. Let's play without Laura. I guess she can't be as good as me in this game anyway. It'll be more fun without her.", he added the last sentence whispering while winking at Eva, earning a giggle from her, but I heard it anyway which made me roll my eyes although I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"Alright, alright, I'm playing with you guys.", I said while standing up from my comfortable position on the couch. "And just for the record, I'm do not suck at this game.", I added while saying the last part more to Ross.

"Well, let's find out who's right.", Ross smirked while looking at me.

I was about to respond when suddenly Chris touched Eva's shoulder before running away and shouting, "Tag, you're it !"

I widened my eyes before realizing that the game had already begun and ran away from Eva as fast as I could.

This game continued like that and each of us managed to be the one who had to tag.
Right now, Ross was it and he was chasing after Eva before he noticed me standing in the corner.  I was literally crossing my fingers that he would just ignore me and continue to chase after Eva, who was giggling like crazy.

To be honest, I was so out of breath. This game is harder to play with children than with people my age. On the other side, I probably didn't play this game since 3rd grade.

Ross stopped abruptly and turned to me instead while having a grin plastered on his face. I looked at him terrified while feeling my chest rise and fall because of my heavy breathing while he was slowly closing the gap between us by walking closer.

I started to calculate my escape chances before realizing that there would only be one chance to run away, which was to wait until he came a little closer and than run away as fast as I can.

Standing still, I waited for him to make a couple more steps towards me. I realized that he was not even the slightest bit out of breath while I was literally dying out of breathlessness.

Perks of being a football player, I guess. That jerk.

That's so unfair.

He than came to the spot where I was awaiting him to. I than took my chance and started to sprint off.

Well, I was so damn sure that I could escape. I literally thought I had a master-plan but the next thing that happened made me rethink my dumb plan.

He caught the cuff of the jacket that I was wearing, bringing me to a halt. Unfortunately, the halt was too sudden, which made me lose my balance and widen my eyes while awaiting to feel the hard ground beneath me.

Instead, he pulled me with one hard yank against his chest. I realized shortly after, that our position was too close for my liking; my hands were rested on his chest and I could feel every rise and fall of his steady breaths.