47 | "I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing you blushing."

(Enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote)

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing you blushing."

Laura's POV

Well... school continued as usual the next Monday.

"I want this week to finish as soon as possible.", Emma whined while opening her locker.

"Me too.", I mumbled while getting my books. "They've been torturing us with school work for the last few week."

Emma nodded, "I hate waking up and getting out of my warm bed. It really is torturous."

"Especially when it's this cold outside.", I added.

We started to walk to our next class. "How far are you guys with your assignment ?"

I face palmed, "Right... the assignment."

"I mean I know for a fact that you and Ross have been working on... other things than the assignment.", she said with a grin while nudging my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes before hitting her arm.

Maia and Emma didn't leave me alone until I told them every little detail about what happened at the Party.

They also called Lucas to tell him how clueless and stupid he was...

Lunch was the first time I saw Ross on that day. I felt my cheeks instantly heat up at the sight of him. He was laughing at something Jordan had just said but as soon as we made eye contact he stopped laughing and smiled at me instead.

I smiled back shortly before turning to Maia and Emma again, "Do I look okay ?"

Emma rolled her eyes, "Yes. Even if that wasn't the case, can't you see that he's blinded by love ?"

I glared at her, "Ha ha ha, you're so funny."

"What makes you glare at my girlfriend like that ?", I heard Dave say, making me look up at him and wave him off.

I laughed awkwardly, "I'm not glaring at her, I mean-"

"She probably had a reason to do so.", I heard Ross' voice while he sat down next to me.

Emma smirked at him, "Getting all protective, I see."

"Whatever.", he mumbled before turning to his left to face me. He put his right elbow on the table and rested his head on his hand.

"We should meet up to finish the assignment, don't you think ?"

I nodded, "Yes, we should. When would be good for you ?"

"Well, we have practice after school today but I'm free afterwards.", he told me.

"Practice ?", I said, remembering how he got scolded last time from the coach. He was in such a bad mood afterwards.. "Alright. Should we meet at my house ?"

He nodded slowly, "Okay, let's meet there than."

"The last time Ross came to your house you told me that he had tak-", Jordan started while laughing before I kicked him under the table.

I gave him an alarming look because he shouldn't be mentioning it here with everyone.

I mean I wasn't going to tell it anyone if it wasn't for that mentioning in front of Emma and Jordan.

"-eeen great care of you.", Jordan finished his sentence.

I sighed while looking at him. Why are all my guy friends so slow in understanding the situation..

Ross raised his brow and looked at me, "Care to explain ?"

I gave him a bright smile before putting my right hand on his left one that was under the table.

He instantly looked down as soon as our hands touched and looked up at me again with one of his brows raised, "So this is how you're playing now, huh, Marano ?"

I smiled at him cheekily, glad that our topic changed from me exposing that embarrassing moment to this.

He rolled his eyes at me playfully before turning his hand around, so that I could feel the heat of his palm against my own, and interlocked our fingers.

This time it was me who looked down on our hands. I felt heat rise in my face and looked up at him to see him looking at me.

He leaned closer and whispered, "I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing how cute you are when blushing."

I widened my eyes embarrassed and pushed him back before hitting his chest, making him chuckle.

Being in a relationship after such a long time was something that I had to get used to.

I mean these kind of little affectionate gestures are a given in a relationship, which I may or may not be glad for.

Maybe... it was just the fact that no one ever made my heart flutter as much as Ross did.

•••

Hope you enjoyed the chapter !
I have a big exam coming up so I really wanted to update before it (it's on Wednesday)

• Fave line ?🌷

• How have you guys been ?

• How's school/work going ?💯

• One thing that instantly makes your day ?⭐️

🌷Have an amazing day & stay safe. 🌷

-t.