#21 Blurry

"Yayyyy!" Emily claps her hands enthusiastically whilst following Thomas and their Uncle Nathan to his car. They are going to a supermarket as today is Sunday and the latter needs to buy some necessities for himself and at the same time, helps his niece and nephew to do some grocery shopping. The maids are supposed to do that, but they cannot because they do not work at Sundays, so the twins willingly volunteer themselves to do it. Plus, they want to spend some time with their youngest uncle who is always supportive and acts like a teenager sometimes.

   Deep down, Emily is afraid to do this shopping session because it reminds her of when Freddy's friend, Peter Olsen saw her at a certain shopping centre and after bumping into Freddy, he trapped her, Thomas and Elizabeth in her mother's burning house, almost killing them. Although they are going to a different supermarket than the one where she saw the eagle-eyed friend, she is still concerned.

   "Emily? Are you okay?" Nathan suddenly asks.

   "Huh? Yeah," Emily snaps into reality and smiles reassuringly.

   Nathan receives her answer with a shrug and gets into his car. Meanwhile, Thomas, who seems like he knows what his twin sister was thinking, stares at her suspiciously, making her raise her chin questioningly, yet accusingly at him. In return, he rolls his eyes and opens the car door at the passenger seat.

   Emily brushes her recent thought off and sits at the back. She should not be worried or scared. Because she has Uncle Nathan who is a police detective and Thomas who had sworn to protect her. And also, the bodyguard who is following them from behind in his car.

   Speaking of the bodyguard, Emily is getting used to his presence around her. He does a really good job of protecting her and Thomas. He follows them everywhere, except in the house and at school.

   Other than that, she and Thomas had had a talk with their father about the bodyguards. He said that he decided to hire a few bodyguards for his twin children as there are a lot of threats and dangers around them, mainly. For example, Freddy. Not just that, the bodyguards also works to protect his other children.

   Until now, there is no harm having the bodyguards around, so relax... Everything is going to be all right. Right?

*******

  "This way, kids!" Nathan pushes a trolley, urging his niece and nephew to follow him.

   Emily does so happily while Thomas folds his arms with an annoyed expression as he does not like to be treated like a little child.

   The three of them walk together through the aisles and choose anything they want and need.

   When Nathan is looking at a rack of toothbrushes and tubes of minty toothpaste, Emily goes to Thomas because her uncle is taking too much time choosing whatever he wants. He is a bit picky...

   "Hey, what are you staring at?" Emily stands beside Thomas.

   He does not answer, so she leans forwards to see what attracts his attention until he ignored her like that.

   'Men's deodorant?' Emily tilts her head. She stares at the tins one by one until her gaze lands on the one she thinks she had seen before.

   "Hey, I saw this one on the TV! The commercial that has the famous footballer........ I forgot what his name is. Anyway, you should use this. You will be as good as a professional footballer," Emily grabs a box of mentioned deodorant and puts it on Thomas' palm.

   "Hmmm...." Thomas reads the description on the box with a creased forehead before turning at Emily.

   "Milly, can I ask for your opinion?"