#13 Going Out

Yawn... Emily wakes up from her sleep with a thin smile. She just had a bad dream. About the cruel man. Again. But this time, it was not so scary like her previous nightmares. The cruel man just showed up out of nowhere and gave her his signature ugly smirk. He said something to her, but she cannot remember what he exactly said.

   'Whatever,'  Emily shrugs. 'It was just a dream.'

   After having a refreshing shower and getting dressed, Emily looks at the wall clock to see that it is 8 o'clock in the morning. Not everyone in this house is awake at this time, including Thomas. Ooh ~ She just thinks of a brilliant idea.

   Emily gets out of her bedroom and walks sidewards like a crab. Before entering Thomas' bedroom, she looks left and right to make sure nobody is around. Then, she opens the door gingerly, only to be met with the darkness. Well, it is not too dark like a pitch-black night. There is a little light from the windows which are slightly covered with diaphanous curtains.

   She notices Thomas lying on his bed right away. The blanket is at his feet and there are at least four pillows surrounding him. So shambolic ...

   Anyway, she takes out her phone to take pictures of Thomas who is lying on his side with one hand under his head and the other dangling at the edge of the bed. He merely wears a white T-shirt and a pair of boxers. Very simple.

   Next, she sits on the floor by Thomas' bed and takes a few selfies with him. She makes a funny face and poses with various styles. Scrolling through the pictures, she giggles softly whilst closing her mouth. They are quite nice and cute, albeit a bit dark, for her to post them in the social media. After that, she leans against the bed to continue taking selfies with her sleeping twin brother. She giggles again.

   "Having fun, sis?"

   That hoarse voice causes Emily to gasp in astonishment and fall onto the cold floor. She immediately lifts up her head and spots Thomas rolling over on his back, chortling with amusement. She pouts and slowly stands up.

   "When did you wake up?"

   "A few minutes ago. I heard someone giggling in my dream, so I opened my eyes. Only to find that the giggle was real indeed," Thomas rolls over again and lands on his stomach.

   "You should look at the way you sleep, Tom. It's funny!" Emily chuckles and sits on Thomas' bed.

   "Hmm..." Thomas muffles his voice from under the pillow. Emily blows air out of her mouth and lays her head on his back whilst texting with Katherine who had to wake up early today to go visiting her grandparents.

   A few minutes later, a soft snore is heard from Thomas. He just falls asleep!

   "Hey, Thomas," Emily turns to lie on her side and shakes Thomas' shoulder. "Wake up!" she tries again as she sits upright this time.

   "Whaaaaat??" Thomas groans in an irritated way.

   "Come on, let's have breakfast together!"

   No response from Thomas.

   "Tom! Thomas! Wake up!" Emily shakes Thomas' shoulders harshly and vigorously.

   "Okay, okay! Sheesh..." Thomas slowly rises and sits cross-legged on his bed with his eyes closed.

   "Come on!"

   "At least give me some time to have a shower," Thomas sighs and runs a hand through his messy hair.

   "All right.." Emily starts to walk towards the door and exits the bedroom. She stands outside and pins herself against the door to listen to any movement in Thomas' bedroom, and yet she does not hear anything. Sighing, she opens the door only to find Thomas' figure still lying on his bed.