#27 The Next Day

Emily feels like someone is sitting beside her on her bed, so she slowly opens her eyes and rubs them, only to find Elizabeth lying near her comfortably whilst playing with her phone.

   She slowly sits upright and stretches out her arms, letting out a relieved yawn.

   "Good afternoon, Emily. Did you have a really good sleep?" Elizabeth asks without taking her eyes off the screen.

   Emily distinctly nods her head, but then furrows her eyebrows. "Good -- What?" she reaches out for her phone on the bedside table and looks at the time. It is almost 1 p.m.

   'What?!' she knits her brows even more that they almost touch each other. Then, she turns at Elizabeth, silently asking for confirmation.

   "The clock in your phone does not lie to you. It is really afternoon. Look," Elizabeth shows the time on her phone, which displays the same sequence of numbers on Emily's.

   "Wow.. I slept for a long time," Emily scratches her head.

   "Just like Thomas," says Elizabeth, causing Emily to swivel her head at her.

   "Really? Thomas too?"

   Elizabeth rolls over, lies on her stomach and props her chin on her elbows. "What did you do last night? Did you have fun?"

   Emily stares at the ceiling to reminisce about what she did yesterday. Oh.. Winter Wonderland. She played games, ate a lot of food, skated on ice, watched the fireworks and........

   Absent-mindedly, she smiles to herself, making Elizabeth raise an eyebrow suspiciously.

   "Why are you smiling? Something or someone crosses your mind?" Elizabeth nudges her sister, who quickly snaps to reality. "Is it.... Umm... What is his name? Uhh... Anthony? Yeah! Is it Anthony?" she returns with the mocking voice.

   "What are you talking about? Anthony is my best friend. Stop thinking that he's my boyfriend. Ugh.." Emily rolls her eyes.

   "What if I ask Thomas? What his answer will be?"

   "The same as mine! He knows that Anthony is my best friend and nothing more. He's very close with me that he is like a family, okay?" Emily pokes Elizabeth's waist, causing her to squeal, and then tickles her.

   "Okay, okay! I understand! Please, stop!" Elizabeth screams and laughs, pushing Emily away so she will stop tickling her.

   "Good," Emily smirks and goes to the bathroom to have a shower. When she has finished, Elizabeth has already gone from her bed. Hence, she decides to go to Thomas' bedroom.

   When she opens the door, she immediately spots Thomas sitting lazily on his messy bed.

   "Oh! Already awake?" she says whilst stepping into the room.

   Thomas turns his gaze from his phone to his twin sister, who jumps on his bed, causing him to bounce.

   "Let's eat. I'm hungry.." Emily whines childishly to which Thomas ignores. She pouts rebelliously and sits beside him. "What are you doing?"

   Thomas pays no attention to her again, so she tickles his waist, causing him to lose grip on his phone. She reaches to grab it, which is upside down, but he beats her to it. She growls angrily like an upset bear.

   Truthfully, she is afraid that Thomas might be messaging Luciana's friend, whose name she still does not know. She does not want him to be with her. He deserves better.

   Emily has nothing to do with Thomas, so she gets up and leaves his room. Before she closes the door, she can see his eyes gazing at her. She ignores the look and turns away.