D

-11 years old-

*Zayn's POV*

"Thanks Stacy." I said and kissed her cheek.

She blushed leaving me with her number. My mom just got me a phone how cool right.

Where's Niall? I looked around and I saw him sitting on the swing by himself. I walked over to him.

"C'mon Nialler whatcha waiting on?" I asked him.

"You to finish talking to Stacy." He said sadly.

"You ok Nialler?" I asked him.

"Peachy." He said and we began walking home.

He seemed so sad. "Niall really what's wrong. Seriously." I asked.

"Nothing. Hold my hand Zayn." He said and I grabbed his hand.

He sighed and I saw my friends. I let go of his hand and he looked up at me and then looked down at the ground.

"Hey Zayn." They called stopping in front of me.

Niall kept walking seemed unfazed by the boys.

"Niall." I called out.

"I'm just gonna go home." He said and kept walking.

"Well Zayn I over heard from Anjelica you got Stacy's number." Marian said.

"Yeah she gave it to me and I kissed her. Simple girls love me." I said cockily.

"So you gone call her?" Cameron said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not gonna let her number go to waste. But I gotta get home." I said and they nodded.

I ran and I caught up to Niall. We were going to his house. It's a system set up on who's house we go to everyday.

"Niall." I said.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I know you're not okay." I said.

"M'just tired." He said and we walked into his house.

When we got in we sat at the dining room table I pulled out my homework and Niall just sat there looking down at his hands.

"Hey guys how was school?" Mrs.Maura asked coming in.

I only answered. "Great." I said and she looked at me sadly.

"Come on baby." She said taking his hand and walking into the kitchen for a bit.

What's wrong with my best friend? I start doing my maths. He came back in the room and pulled out his homework.

"Niall?" I asked.

He looked up and his eyes were watery. I went over to him and hugged him.

"You're not okay Niall." I said.

"M'fine can we just do our homework." He said pulling away.

He wiped his eyes and start doing his work.

----

When my mom came and picked me up we went home. When we got in the house her phone rang.

"Hey Maura." She answered.

"Oh Zayn can you step out." She said and I went and sat in the steps.

"I can hear him crying." "Do you think he needs a stronger prescription?" "They might prescribe him half a Zoloft every 12 hours" "An appointment tomorrow?" "Alright let me tell Zayn he won't be in school tomorrow."

And that was all before she hung up. I raced up the stairs quirky then went in my room.

She entered in quietly. "Zayn. Niall won't be in school tomorrow, so I'll be picking you up." She said.

"Why won't he be in school tomorrow?" I asked and she sighed.

"He had and appointment at the doctors." She said and I got panicked.

"What's wrong with Niall?" I asked her.

"He's just getting a check up." She said and I was okay. She left out of my room and I pulled my phone out.

It was a iPhone 4. I went on the Internet and typed in 'Zoloft'. I read it was a medicine that helped for: Depression, PTSD, panic and obsessive-compulsion disorders, PMDD, and social anxiety disorder.

Does my Niall have any of these symptoms? If so then why is he hiding it from me.

The next morning I went to school but it wasn't as fun. I missed Nialler. When my mom picked me up I asked her to take me to Niall's and she said ok because he was back home.

When he opened the door for when I knocked I tackled him into a hug and we fell to the ground. He giggled and I smiled pushing my fave into his neck.

"How dare you leave me by myself. I missed you today." I said kissing his neck.

"Zayn don't do that." He said pushing me away a little and got up.

We closed the door and walked into the living room.

"Niall?" I asked him.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"Do you take medicine to make you happy?" I asked him and he looked at me with watery eyes and I hugged him.

"I'm too different Zayn." He said.

"No you're not. You're perfect it's okay." I told him.

"You're happy all the time but I'm not so I have to take pills to be happy." He said pulling away.

"Niall it's okay. It's my fault because I'm not sharing my happiness. I'll share it okay?" I said and he wiped his eyes.

"You'd do that?" He asked.

"Of course." I said hugging him again.

"Love you." He whispered.

I laughed and whispered back. "Love you too."