Chapter 10~Vulnerable

Mckayla
~

   I wanted to run off as a wolf. That's all my mind would allow me to feel. To be wolf; in my wolf. To hunt and rip through flesh. But right now I was in human skin watching Nina pace the room for the hundredth time. Her eyes were withering around unfocused. Her hands moved in various angles as she verbally tried to work out the words she wanted to say to me.

   "I don't understand this Mckayla. How?" After twenty minutes of pacing, which was a wolf thing I didn't see Nina perform often, that was the best question she could ask.

   I massaged the inner corner of my eyes with my thumb and index finger as I tried to find some way to explain without fantasizing about being in my wolf at the same time. I growled with no purpose on so many occasions, I lost count. I was irritable and Nina wanted answers now. The pack wanted answers. Jumping into Sonia's wolf made everyone beyond lost with questions.

   I began to doze back into myself, non purposely, as my wolf blinded me with thoughts of flesh being torn by my canines and claws. What's wrong with my thoughts; my mind? I was accustomed to having abnormal thoughts but none this grave. Not in years. I did so many horrid things in my past. I was angry and was just as bad as any rogue I killed. But that changed. Rogue changed me.

   "Mckayla..."

   I could hear a name being called and I wondered who Nina was talking to. I felt too disconnected and too disoriented and I snarled angry that I couldn't see anything but the hunt I was coming closer to craving. I licked my lips as if tasting the flesh and blood that would not dissipate from my mind. I was half delusional in believing I attacked some human in the last several hours. My hands gripped along the fabric of the bed as my claws protruded into them. I blinked rapidly as my tears steamed down my eyes like hot oil. Rumbles of growls emanated out through my chest and I could smell burnt wood and Rosemary bringing me back to some sort of reality.

   "Mckayla," her voice was louder and more irritated.

   I could feel her moving closer and that made me feel placed in some corner; being challenged. In an unnatural motion, I flung forward leeching onto her as I slammed her into the wall with my hands around her throat. "Stop challenging me?"

   She squirmed and then I could smell two other Weres running into the room and I snarled as they yelled the name 'Mckayla' trying to pull me off of this woman. Where was I in the first place? They had invaded my space.
   My wolf wanted to put them in their place. Remind them of who I was. I was a feared rogue. I can be that again.

   Next thing I know is having a familiar voice call out my name. "Kayla. That's enough."

   I stopped fighting as I turned to the voice. My vision seemed to finally clear up and I began to relax able to see.

   Jace had his eyes on me as if not sure of who I was.
   "I'm not trying to hurt myself or anyone." I grimaced, doing my best to keep my tone neutral. I needed to by time making him believe me. "Just let me go."

   "Kayla...what's going on?"

   Sweat trickled down my face and back as I snarled. Fuck. My wolf was being impatient. "You say you're my friend right?" My words were fast and rapid. "You're my friend and you can't keep locking me up every time I flip out a little."

   "Kayla...you're not being locked up." Jace stepped to the side showing me my path out the door.

It was a trick. My face squished, skewing into a sadistic look. "Is this a ploy?"

   I saw Marie in the corner of my eyes and I snarled. I either killed or fucked. I knew Marie could help me.

   "You want to go somewhere...private...?" Marie's brows arched with a pursing of her lips. "Clearly you miss me."