Chapter 16~Take No More

McKayla

~

   I felt my muscles twitch and bones breaking, as my body shifted halfway into wolf form. I screamed out a growl, slamming myself against the silver four walls of my imprisoned room. I was trapped. My wolf was not content on being confined within these four walls. The walls were silver all around, as if Sal suspected I would try to punch through the walls, if I could. My wolf would have. My wolf was strong enough to commit the act. Sal had covered every corner to torturing me and now the doctored blood he injected me with was making my wolf dangerously alarming and frenzied. I was trying to fight her. My wolf.

   I dropped to my knees as I wrapped my arms around my ribs. I could feel them inside me, breaking against my skin, in abnormal motions. The pain was so excruciating, I wanted to rip my claws through me, yanking out every bone that snapped inside me.

   Every sensory I had was hypersensitive and agonizing. I tasted my own blood as I nearly bit off my own bottom lip. What was worse, is that I felt savage. Sal hadn't fed me in I wasn't sure how long I had been here. It could have been a couple of days or a week.

   "Nina," I whispered opening through obscure vision.

   Canines erupted in my mouth as my face, shifted partially. I sucked in a breath as I tried to fight the shift. There was a time all I wanted to do was be in my wolf, but I knew now that would be too dangerous. My wolf was not to be trusted to make positive choices right now. My wolf was too angry and rogue. That's what Sal wanted and for that, I would fight my shift.

   "Kayla...why are you making this difficult?" Sal hummed over the speaker mic that emanated through my room. My hearing sensitivity had increased dramatically and that pain was almost to unbearable.

   I covered my ears, collapsing into the ground from the loudness of his voice.

   I heard shuffling by the door and I sat up ready to fight, despite the pain. Crouched low, my fist pressed into the concrete ground, sitting up to my knees and feet. My vision was blurry from the burning in my eyes by the bright light Sal turned on. I snarled as the front door to my hundred square feet room, opened.

   One, maybe two rogues in wolf form, came rushing at me as one leaped forward, falling on top of me and I fell backward, hard against the floor. I could hardly see or concentrate as its canines bit into my shoulder. I roared, blindly moving my hands to where its teeth embedded into my flesh. I tried pulling its mouth open as another rogue, clamped its canines over my thigh, tugging my legs as if it wanted to rip me apart.

   This is what Sal wanted. He really wanted me to shift, but I couldn't give into my wolf. I snarled, peeling the rogues teeth from my shoulder, the rogues lower half mouth hooked over my clavicle.

   With both my arms, I extended them out distancing its canines from me as I quickly positioned my hands around its neck, squeezing it tightly as I pierced my claws into its throat. The rogue whined as I snarled, ignoring the pain that the other rogue was causing to my thigh. Despite the flesh I knew the rogue was ripping through, I ignored it, squeezing even tighter around the rogues neck, until I yanked the rogues trachea from its throat.

   Blood surged over my face and neck as the rogue dropped lifeless over me. I shoved the dead rogue away now turning my attention to the rogue at my thigh. It lifted its head up to me, snarling as it postured in a striking position for my neck.

   I blinked a few times as I tried to clear my eyes covered in blood and the burning pain from the light when Sal's voice stopped the rogue from proceeding.