Chapter 14~What Doesn't Kill You...

Mckayla

~

  I stretched my body out on all fours, letting my claws dig into the hard soil. I left Nina and the rest of the pack home, not wanting them to trail me and alert Sal of our plans. It took a lot of calming techniques to get the pack to back off and let me do what was needed. I told them they would know when I needed them. I would use the abilities I had to reach them.

   Nina had lingered by my side until I was at a close enough distance for Sal to smell my pack coming. As a wolf, my scent was hard to distinct from a mundane wolf so my scent would be ignored.

   I yawned, letting my canines expose themselves to the air. I ambled on all fours, making my way through the back of the house where the underground shed was. Hiding behind a few trees, I waited for my moment to move into the rogues den. The shed door seemed to always stay open, which made since, being that the rogues could no longer shift back human skin.

   I watched a rogue head stick out, cautiously as it ran towards the front. That was my opportunity and I broke into a run, heading inside their den. The moment I stepped through the threshold I could hear snarls and whines of fights and combative behavior. It was pathetic. They had no humane part in them. I snarled absently, realizing that was what I was doing to myself not too long ago, willingly.

   When I approached the rogues, they didn't take much notice to me, thinking I was one of them. I was right. I was now inside and now it was time to put action into part two of our plan. No matter how far gone a Were was, there was always a leader...an Alpha, no matter what Sal thought.

   My goal was to challenge this Alpha and have the rogues follow me. I moved around the layered spaces finding a few rogues posted along a thick dirt wall. He seemed to be watching all of the rogues, bullying and fighting each other. Rogues...they enjoyed the chaos and the fight. I should know. That was one of the reasons I became an enforcer.  I knew at any moment I was about to set this pack of rogues into a mist of insanity.

   I ambled cautiously, watching all my corners and blind spots as I approached the Alpha rogue.

   He stood on all fours taking in my approach. The rogue must have wondered by why I was coming his way, threatened by my tall posture. I kept my level of power at a normal base not alerting them of my Alpha status just yet.

   I stood only a few leaps from this Alpha rogue as my front paw stomped against the ground signaling a challenge with a snarl as an added bonus to that. I was sticking claim to this territory and announced to everyone of how serious I was to getting it. Whoever this rogue was in the past, did not matter to me. I had a bigger stake to lose and they were too far gone to save.

   The Alpha rogue snarled and I paced in small patterns, making all the rogues antsy. I knew my erratic movement would throw them all.

   The Alpha stepped out, canines exposed, accepting my challenge. I knew this fight would end with a death. Rogues didn't fight until incapacitated but lying in their own blood. I would not die tonight. I promised Nina I would not leave her.

   The Alpha tried circling around me, but I was not naive to giving my back. I snarled letting more power heave out of me as I dug her claws deep beneath the hard rocky surface.

   In a reeling sneak attack the Alpha tried to rake its claws over my jaw. I leaped backwards, dodging the swipe as the rogue came again at me. I dodged every attack letting the rogue drain himself out. The rogue was not fighting with anyn type of strategy. Wrong mistake.

   I let the Alpha rogue move in close enough watching in slow motion as the rogue tried to snap its canines at the forefront of my legs and I pivoted pouncing on top, as my canines bit around the rogues neck, feeling and ravishing in the blood spilling into my mouth. I growled, shaking the rogue like a bull-shark as the Alpha rogue tried to extract itself away. Biting into the rogue harder, he whined, buckling to the ground, pushing as much effort to stand back up. I had always spilled blood in any challenge, and tonight this rogue would die. With force that could break every bone in this rogues neck, I constrained it, squeezing my jaw in tighter as I felt his neck crackle signaling I was breaking his neck.