Chapter 13~Difficult Choices

Nina
~

   I slammed the door behind me allowing room for Mckayla to come in. Her fist were balled up the entire trip over to the home we would share soon, if I or her stopped getting into disagreements everyday. I wanted to grab onto her hand but her entire body language put us at a distance. Now I was infuriated as much as her.

   I had a right to feel the way I did about her abilities. She looked so weak and battered after using it and I wondered if she ever used her full power, how bad would her next injuries be. "How do you really expect me to feel? Do you want me to sit by and let you slip away from me? And how could you ever support the idea of Kaylee doing that? She's your fucking daughter. Don't you care for her--"

   Mckayla roar woke up every nerve in me as she paced tyrant and ready to strike. And she did, slamming her fist through the front door. A hole; the same size of a football presented itself through the door, sliding her hand out, breathing ferociously. She stared a moment at her hand as I kept my mouth shut.

   The thick door stood with a new peepinghole to look through. I crossed the line. Small cuts and oozing blood canvassed Mckayla's hand. I went to grab a towel out of the bathroom, dipping it in water from the sink. When I came back, Mckayla's cuts were healed with only semi-dry blood left as a remembrance of her not too long ago outburst.

   I ambled to her cautiously, not afraid of her hurting me but turning away from me. I thought of the first few days of seeing Mckayla and how she would move from my touch. That feeling was so painful and lonely to remember. But thankfully, Mckayla let me reach in taking her hand as I wiped the blood off. I studied her hands not ready to face her. Her hands were rough in varies spots and smooth on other ends. It still had its feminine structure but I could tell her hands had been used in many brute moments in her life. Despite all that, her hands were so comforting and knew how to pleasure me when I always needed her.  

   When the last traces of blood was removed, I pulled her hand up to my lips, caressing it. "You are a great mom. You came back to this pack blind and have changed so much for the better."

   Mckayla sighed. "Don't tell me what you think I want to hear."

   I shook my head, "I'm not." Mckayla hesitated and I placed my hand under her jaw, making her face me. "What leader doesn't make mistakes? What parent? And you took on both without preparation. Without knowing you would ever hold Reign or a child in your arms." Mckayla finally began to look me directly in the eyes. "What friend doesn't make mistakes...turning that mistake into a betrayal."

   "Nina...none of that matters."

   I sighed audibly, constricting my face as tears fell. "But it does." I scooted, leaning my lower extremities into the back end of the couch. "We never really talked."

   "Look...don't," Mckayla hissed. "That night was a long time ago. There is no reason to relive it,"

   "You never...relive it?" I narrowed my eyes to her with a softened expression. "You've never play that memory in your head?"

   Mckayla didn't answer.

   I knew I was right. "Please...tell me about that night."

   Sighing, Mckayla walked over to me, sitting on the back end, edge of the couch beside me. "My father found out about my attraction to other women...wanted me to change, and I couldn't."

   "Mckayla..."

   "What do you want me to say? That's what happened."

   "Tell me how you felt...what you thought? What you wished for?" I wasn't trying to open up old wounds only trying to heal them; heal us. Deep down, rather she voiced it, the past still taunted her of the possibility of being alone again.