Epilogue~A Midnight Hunt

"Are you nervous?" I knew Mckayla would lie as I waited for her to speak. I brushed my fingers through her damp hair letting it tangle in my fingers. I had made her take another shower not wanting to smell Elena's scent on her any longer. I was beginning to recognize vampires scent and that was all thanks to Elena.

Mckayla pursed her lips and smirked knowing she was deciding if she should be honest or not. "This is what I was born to do." I watched as she smiled weakly turning her eyes from me. "It's what my father originally wanted."

I cupped Mckayla's face, forcing her to turn to me. "It's what your father always wanted...till his end." I sat on the edge of the bed beside her. "I know...all you hear is how much your father changed. You never asked Rachel or any of us about his last few years alive and I haven't seen you mourn him."

"I--" she stopped standing up from the bed. "We should get started...its nearly midnight."

She was beginning to walk and I grabbed onto her wrist bringing her back to me. I slipped my arms around her waist. "I love you." Mckayla smiled with slight blush appearing on her face. "I just want you to know..." I brushed the back of my fingers over her cheek..."I still see you as the woman I fell in love with."

Mckayla closed the distance between us brushing her lips over mines as her hands slipped inside the back of my shorts squeezing my ass tight.

I kissed her back, nipping on her lip as I kissed my way down to her neck. I felt Mckayla moan and could smell the scent of her, increasing between her legs. I had missed that scent; missed moments like this. With Elena around it was hard to have moments like this.

Mckayla turned my body away from the bed, guiding me blindly to the nearest wall on the side of the door as she pinned me there. I brought my lips back to hers letting Mckayla take complete control over me as she kissed me deep and aggressively. Her teeth caught on my upper lip, nicking me as she drew out blood and I groaned turned on by how she was handling me.

More growls echoed out of her and I could feel them coming in strong from her chest. "Mc...kayla..." I tried saying her name between our kiss but couldn't get her name out correctly. Mckayla's body seemed to levitate closer to mines; our bodies connected as her hands swarmed over me.

I felt her lips move over my chin down to my neck and I could feel her hot breath against my skin. I groaned partly enthralled by her touch and the thought of her biting me until my mind wondered what type of bite she would be trying to give me.

Her tongue licked over the lower curve of my neck and I felt her wolfish fangs rake over me. "Mckayla. Dont," I yelped before she could continue.

Immediately, Mckayla's body frooze stopping her motion and I heard her having a difficult time breathing through whatever she was feeling. I lifted my hands up to both sides of her biceps feeling them tense and I waited until I felt her relax before I would speak.

"Take control..." Mckayla was whispering to herself, eyes closed. I gathered she was working to control herself and I waited patiently. Her hand slammed against the wall and I could her her claws scrape against it. I was sure she was digging holes into it.

After another five minutes Mckayla backed away taking in slow breaths as she kept her eyes closed. Mckayla spoke slowly. "Can you...get Elena for me." By how she was speaking, Mckayla was working hard not to breathe through her nose. My lip had already healed but the fresh aroma of my blood still tingle the air she was breathing.

"Mckayla..." I paused feeling out of place. I didn't know what to do next. She was struggling to control that part of her that was probably screaming inside her head to bite me. "I uh..."