Chapter 24~Headstrong

Mckayla
~

Being reunited with my pack, I hadn't expected it would be so emotional. The pressure from their hugs and the strength they held over me was surprisingly warm and wanted. I had missed them.

When in view of Kaylee, I could hear her ordering the pack to let her through.

I would need to work on her forceful personality when time gave room to settle. The pack moved allowing Kaylee to find me with only five feet of distance between us. When her eyes locked on mines I couldn't help but relinquish the tears from me as I quirked my lips into a vibrant smile.

Kaylee began crying as she ran fast over to me jumping into my arms as I lifted her up off the ground. She and I held each other, afraid to let go. "I've missed you so much," Kaylee cried in my ear.

"I'm sorry I put you through this." I meant that. It seemed for the last two major pack problems at the end of the day they all came from my own personal history with these rogues and fucking crazed Alpha leaders. "I'll make it up to you."

Kaylee lifted her head off my shoulder staring into my eyes before scrutinizing me with a look that told me that maybe she noticed the change in me.

Kaylee swiped her index over my high cheekbone where my tears slid down and lifted her finger for both of us to see.

Right away I noticed the crimson. Had I cried blood as tears?

Swallowing hard, my heart throbbed harshly yet slow against my chest as my eyes landed to Elena's. I needed confirmation and she nodded giving it to me. Yet another thing that could easily show the change in me.

"I can--"

Kaylee kissed my cheek. "It's alright mom. We can all smell the change in you and we don't care."

My face flushed and I turned to Nina who was beside me. She smiled faintly. So much for keeping it a secret.

Jace, Marie, and Rogue walked over to me patting me on the back as they welcomed me back to the other side of safety.

Cormic came out of nowhere, his arms extended out as he smirked. "Give me a hug," he asked in a fake begging tone.

I used my free hand shoving him away and watched as he pretended to be offended.

"Just don't go sticking your fangs into me if I get you mad," Cormic stated.

My mind and body frooze a moment taking what he said and looked around to see any fearful eyes on me. None welcomed that fearful gaze and I looked back to Cormic with a little less stress in my eyes and stance. I decided to play into his humor. "Then I guess you better be good and leave me alone."

A few laughed and the fear of the pack not accepting me dimmed dramatically.

My sister was walking back into the house with Sara, probably coming back from patrol and the urgency to see and hold her felt grave as if she had nearly died like before. The fear of ever losing her was too scary to think about.

"Rachel..."

She looked up as if hearing my voice put her in a momentary daze. A smile blew up on her face and she rushed over to me and as Kaylee hopped down from my arms, Rachel ran into them.

"I've fucking missed you," Rachel said weakly as I held her.

"I've missed you to...sis," I staggered out from her deathtrap embrace.

She laughed. "You better." Rachel pulled away examining. "You will always be my kickass big sister. Even more so now." I could hear the sincerity and I smiled.