Chapter 6: talk it out/ shopping with the devil

AUGUST'S POV

"Move August. I don't wanna be touched right now." She moved away from me and pulled the covers up to ha ear.

"Sya please just talk ta me."

"August! I said I don't wanna talk. I gave you plenty of chances to explain why you keep drinking. But yet you just push me out. Baby I'm here for you, you know." Ate gagged me. "We need a little break from each other okay? How about I sleep with Ria tonight? And we'll talk about this the morning. But right now... Is not the time." She sat up and folded her legs Indian style in front me, She put her head down, and started picking her nails.

I sat up and copied how she sittin' an raised her head with both ma hands.

"Baybeh I wanna tell ya... But it's hard for me to open up about it. Yes we can talk about it in the mornin'. But don't leave me in here by myself. Michelle's in thea wit ha, she's okay, we got the baby monitor on. Just let me hold you... Please?"

She looked at me with sad eyes before noddin'. I got back under the covers with her but she scooted farther away.

I pulled her to me, wrappin' my arms around ha. I kissed the back of ha neck a couple times makin' sigh.

"Goodnight Anthony." She backed into me some more so there was no space between us.

"Good night baybeh."

SYA'S POV

I woke up to something moving on the bed.

I cracked one eye open to see Alex sitting on August's chest staring at him.

"How'd you get in here Alex?" She looked at me with a smile.

"Craw." I shook my head and sat up. I took her from his chest so he could sleep in peace.

"I knew I should've gotten you a crib. Yo ass is sneaky. " I sat her between my legs and played with her little hands.

"You're birthdays in three days. How old are you gonna be?" she looked at her hands then held up her index fingers.

"Good job." I picked her up and blew on her stomach.

"Ahhh." she laughed and laughed. She loves when I do that.

"Da." she pointed to august and swung her legs for me to put her down. I stood her on her feet but she tried to squat down like she was about to crawl.

"No, no, no. You gotta walk." she stood back up and held my pinky. I don't see what her problem is. She can run like a damn cheetah when it's time for some damn food; but can't walk two inches without dramatically falling over.

She walked over to August 1and put her hand on his chest.

"Da." He snored a little.

"Dada." He snored louder this time making her mad.

"Da da, da da, da da-"

He opened one eye and snored again. She crawled back on his chest and grabbed his chin hair in her hands.

"Ouch!"

She laughed making him mug her.

"You're an evil lil girl."

He picked her up and laid her beside him. He turned to his side and rubbed his fingers in her hair.

"did you leave Michelle in there by herself?" she shook her head no and grabbed his nose.

"did auntie Tia take her"

"TT."

I got out the bed and walked down the two little platforms on the side of the bed.