Chapter 9: Mommy Issues

SYA'S POV

Me and Benny were in the kitchen watchin TV, enjoying breakfast. All of a sudden he dropped his fork on his plate startling me.

"How long have we been here?" I counted in my head and on my fingers.

"Three or four days. Why?" He got down from the island stool and rushed to the back door.

"Crystals been in thea' this whole time!" I put my glass down and opened the door quickly. We ran down to the bushes and I looked for a certain branch. I pulled it down and a section of the bushes lifted up. I ran through the short path to the glass door. I punched in the code and it finally opened.

Crystal looked like a damn California raisin.

I pulled August's shirt over my nose. It smelled like straight pee in here. She was all in a corner with that damn fur coat balled under her head for support.

I gasped and I grabbed my head. That reminds me, I forgot about Lady!

"Crystal?" Benny shook her and she hopped up. "Sorry we left you in here." he helped her stand up and she still had them damn 6 inch heels on. He helped her out the room and down the hall and out to the backyard. She groaned and used the coat to sheild her face from the sun.

I pulled the branch again to secure it back and jogged ahead of them back into the house and up the steps. I ran into our room and threw on jeans and a T-shirt.

"Sya what are you up ta na?" August sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes.

"I forgot about the she'beast in the basement at Nikki's."

"Oh shit!" August sat up fully. "Do you want me to go with you?" I shook my head.

"I got it baby. You just stay in bed and relax. You have your big opening to prepare for." August has started his own shoe line and its really blown up. He was turning our drug money clean.

But I still run my father's business..... Chris's other sister Meeka manages the one in California and part of Chris's from when he had his own thing going. Avery runs the one in Texas, and here I am in Florida expanding. I'm selling 4 times the amount we did before. I'm putting most of that money in savings. I don't care if you been out the game for 10 years or even 20; someone's always gonna be after you. So if anything happens to me... Like when I die... Eventually we all do... The kids will already be set for the rest of their lifes. They'll never have to work again, neither with their children, their children's children, and so forth. I only give the best to the best.

I climbed up the ladder in our closet and pulled my 11's from the box. Just to take em for a spin. I grabbed my black MCM book bag off the shelf and grabbed one of August's beanies from his side of the closet and hurried out. I kissed Aug's lips gently since he fell back asleep.

I was headed to Cookie's room till I remembered she and the other kids were with Grace and Rosa for the weekend. I miss my babies already. I went into my office and grabbed things that I might need and locked the door, just in case Crystal wanna play detective again.

I jogged down the steps and saw Benny watching last nights basketball game in the kitchen, paying Crystal no attention as she stuffed her face with what ever Muhammed was feeding her. Travis has been in that room banging Myra's brains out, so I haven't seen him much. I let my workers do what ever they want on the weekends. It was like that when my dad was running things so I kept things the same way.

"I'll be back guys." Benny shot me a thumbs up and Crystal mugged me as she stuffed bacon in her mouth.

Stupid bitch.