Chapter 25: August's Letter Prt 1

SYA'S POV
3 WEEKS LATER.....

Dear Sya,
   Where do I start? I know you probably will rip this to shreads and probably are throwing a party since my death. I know "Sorry" isn't something that can't fix what I did or the horrible things I said. I see Alex didn't hesitate to leave from me. I know this ASAP Rocky nigga will treat you better. Give my daughter the best... Please. I took her for the simple fact I saw how happy she was in the arms of another man. She hadn't laughed or smiled the way she did when she was with me. She looked genuinely happy. Tell him I'm sorry. Tell everybody I'm sorry. I have already placed the money back into their accounts for all their things I sold. I was just angry and made a fool of myself. I wish I could take back the fight. I was raised better than to put my hands on a woman. I dreamed of it. Every night. I never thought in a million years something like that would happen. Tell my daughter I'm sorry and that I love her. Tell her I'm sorry I didn't spend  enough time with her; and I'm sorry I didn't celebrate her birthday like she wanted. All she he wanted was a yellow cake and balloons and I couldn't even do that for her. Sya I love you. I knew my life was ending soon. All my money is split three ways. To my niece, you, and my daughter. Ru'Sya I love you. I can't tell you enough. I'm truly sorry for how things ended the way they did. There's a second piece of paper with an address, where I have a surprise we've all been hiding from you. Call that number once you've made with there.

I folded the letter and tossed it in my safe, keeping this second paper on my dresser. I held my wedding rings in my hand and put them on top. I had read it 7 times. He kept it simple. I didn't expect that from him. If anything I thought it would be a letter telling me to go rot in hell... But it didn't.

I just got that letter in the mail a few days ago. I knew Grace was coming for August. So I expected this. I'm more suprised that I'm not crying and screaming to the sky for God to bring him back.

But I'm not.

Benny told me weren't invited to the funeral and if we did he would have me locked up and have children's services out for Cookie. He had August's body flown to New Orleans to be buried next to his mom and brother. Alex wasn't even invited. In fact he told me I want invited the day after the funeral. Like that would do me much justice.

He blames me for his death. He shouldn't but he wouldn't here me out. He called me all kinds of bitches and shit. Even said "fuck that bastard ass daughter." I just let him vent. I've heard worse. But arguing with him over the phone would be stupid anyhow.

They found August's body all stiff in his condo after no one heard from him in two weeks. His landlord found him white and bloated in a chair with tear stains on his face.

They couldn't find a bullet anywhere. They just ruled it out as an explosion of the heart.

A curved bullet. I knew all to well.

That damn Gracie.

I told Alex and of course she didn't understand. After I told her she ran back off to play with Rocky. The crew knew it was bound to happen. To many people could've killed him for the shit he pulled. Of course they were sad and some even cried. It was hard telling over 300 people someone so close died. Chris took it the hardest. He said they could've talked things out and solved any problems between them. But of course it's too late for that conversation.

Cookie has been on my side since she's been here. I love her so much. More and more each day my love grows for her. The first couple nights I stared at her like she was going to disappear any moment.

There could be nothing better than the chance to be with my daughter again, even if that means August had to die.

I Can't thank Rocky enough.