✦ Old Library

In the heart of the town, there stood an ancient public library. St. Mark.

It took me long to observe the whole masterpiece and reaching here was all thanks to the people on the way. It had a designed old infrastructure on an extended piece of land surrounded by apartments, alleys and streets.
There wasn't any vehicle running on the cleared street except one that was parked under the snowcapped tree. Couples and elders were passing by, talking, smiling and enjoying the weather as they were all looking at the sky. A nice scene to appreciate!

I've never been here but used to heard the rumours of thick and large pile of books. I had hope that I will got what I'm searching and to complete my mission of getting photos was on the next task. I cannot understand why some might try to break our friendship and threatening April was like crossing their limits. They only knows and I have to solve this or find their names. I suspected some, from my personal view.

My breath was making white puffs in the air. Inhaling cold air doesn't do good to any nose. Before ascending to the stairs, I checked the time on my phone and saw an unread message.

April▪: What is pyro-guy?

I didn't reply as I was determined to capture the threaters. I put my phone back inside the pocket and took long strides. Every step my heart pounded and I sweat unbelievably. The building infront of me reminded me an old legend and I cannot figure out what and why? Unknown vibes.

Closer, closer and closer. I became nervous. No one was leaving and entering through the door. Everything was back in me: Anxiety, sweat and no words.

I knocked the wooden door twice before pushing inside which was void of any person. Slowly I ran my eyes in all corners of the hall, the counter was empty. And there was stairs leading to above floor. A large bookcase contained enormous thick covered books which looked like wizard's spell notes to me. I have never met a wizard neither saw any thick books, duh. Everything was not so clearly visible as the hall was lighted by dim incandescent chandeliers.

I waited on a single spot for someone to appear. Maybe secretary or some readers?

"Hello." My voice echoed through the walls hoping someone will reply. Sadly, there was no response. Silence overcame the hall.

I simply decided to gave up so I lunged towards the door, but there was the sound of footsteps denoting one's presence.

Someone was coming downstairs.

I relieved thinking that I don't have to return empty-handed or without reading anything.

"Hello, I apologise if I.....I...." I trailed off as soon as I saw the person before me.

He came downwards with grave expression. As always or like eternal, his eyes were gleaming like the ripples of river being hit by the rays. I thought about yesterday night when he burned my books emotionlessly. Which meant he knew my home address. There was no reason to meet him here and there as we were totally strangers but everything felt like it was..I just stared at him with wide eyes.

"We are closed on Thursdays," He said sighing and sat down beside the counter as if he didn't recognise me. And then he added in his original voice, "Miss Wales."

I felt like my heart was tearing the flesh to come out. Something shifted in me and I was going to ask comfortably, "May I ask you what are-"

"What am I doing here?" But he cut me off raising his eyebrows. "This isn't the only question, is it?" He had the playfulness in his voice.

"However if I ask you those, it would be unanswered obviously." I pressed looking in all directions.

"Too true to trust."