Hospital Visit

Autumn's POV
I awoke feeling sick and droopy. The hospital visit was today. I got up and trudged my way to the bathroom to take a shower. By the time I was done, Justin was whimpering at the door wanting me to let him in.

As I swung open the door, he looked up at me with a lopsided grin.
"Are we seeing mommy today?" He asked looking hopeful.

I couldn't help but giggle he was adorable. "Yes, babe. We are. Go get dressed, and I'll fix us breakfast."

I have never seen Justin run so fast in his life. His little feet carrying him at a great speed.

As I was done cooking breakfast, I turned the stove off, and turned around to be faced with a giddy Justin.

I handed the plate over to him. "Here, eat up. We have less then thirty minutes to get out."

He crammed the food down and we headed to the car. The longer we drove, the more anxious Justin grew. I looked over and he was twitching in his seat. "Justin, are you alright?"

"Uh-um. Y-yeah. Just nervous is all." He shakily spoke in a small voice.

Turning into the hospital, You could practically hear Justin's heart palpitating. We both got into the elevator to the front desk.

"Hello. How may I help you, today?" Asked a very kind woman.

"Yes. I am Autumn, Justin's caregiver. Justin is Patties son, and we'd like to see her, please." I kindly spoke.

She approved and opened the door for us to go through. As we were heading into Patties room, Justin let out a loud sob.

There lay Pattie with wires and tubes all over her body. She lay there unconscious.

We sat in there holding her hand until a doctor came in.

"Hello. I am Doctor Smith. It appears Pattie has a 70% chance of not making it. There's still hope. Just not a lot. My condolences go to Patties family. I am very sorry." The doctor gave a sympathetic look.

I just stared in awe. Justin nor I blinking or moving. She has more than half of a chance of dying. Justin looked up at me with a sad look. "Autumn, please. Don't let them take her away. She's all I have left." Thats when I broke. Hearing him so desperate and broken.

I walked to the bathroom to clean up leaving Justin with his mother. As I came back I heard hushed whispers. I crept around the corner to hear Justin praying quietly, "God, I know it's been a while since I've talked to you. But please let my mommy live. She's all I have. Please don't take her from me. I'll do anything. I'll even take her place. Just please God, don't take her now, not yet."

That's when I realized Justin needed a hero. Someone to hold him when he broke. Someone to tell him everything was going to be okay. Someone to simply love him. That's when I realized Justin needed me. And I needed him.