The Phone Call

I sat there shaking like a chihuahua. He has what?! What?! How?! I never saw this coming..

"Well, sweetie he has Schizophrenia." She sighed.

"Uh. Okay. So what do I do?" I tried to remain calm. Wondering why Pattie didn't tell me this.

"Just treat him normally. He's still a normal human being, Autumn." She said firmly.

"I understand. It's just I had to find out he had a mental illness over the phone," I replied just as sickly-sweet.

"I'm sorry. I have to go. Call me if there are any problems. But, you don't have to call me for checkups. I'll call you. I'm trying to limit personal family calls. Thank you for understanding." She hurriedly hung up.

I sighed. Thanks, Pattie. The one job I manage to keep, is the one job that is falling apart.
✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Justin came hurdling down the stairs. I chuckled.
"Slow down, babe. You're going to fall."

"I'm sorry," he giggled. "I'm just so happy."

"Why," I responded curiously.

"Finding Nemo & Disney marathon. "

"Awe. That's so cute."

"Er-uh. Thanks. I guess." He blushed.

"You're welcome. Let's go watch it."

And we lay there intertwined on the couch. Occasionally laughing at the funny moments. And getting emotional at the sad moments. After basically crying hysterically from laughing so hard, we fell asleep. Listening to the rhythmic beat of each other's hearts.