Hospital Results & Heartbreaks.

Autumn's POV
The whole incident with Pattie in the hospital is making me anxious. Here I am pacing back and forth, praying she'll make it. When I first took this job, this was the last thing I expected. To be sitting on a floor sobbing with an autistic boy who has a mother with more than half of a chance of dying. I hear shuffling but I ignore it, I'm too lost in my own thoughts to realize its Justin.

Small sniffles and whimpers come from him as he barely manages to ask, "Can we please see mommy today. I need to tell her one last thing." He begged.

"Justin, of course. You didn't need to even ask."

The car ride to the hospital consisted of silence and dread. Dreading to hear what the doctors have to say. Nearly 45 minutes later we reach the hospital. We park and walk to the front desk.

"Hello. How may I help you?" Asked the overly happy secretary. Who's this happy to be working at a hospital?

I quickly put on a fake smile. "We're here to visit Pattie Bieber. This is is son and I am his caretaker."

She nodded and showed us to the room. The doctor shot us a longing look and walked out, letting us have our time.

There she laid. So pale. So fragile. Yet she looked peaceful. Like she was in paradise.

Justin looked at me like a lost puppy. "Please. She can't die. Somebody has to be able to do something. This is not right!" He screamed at me. Instead of being afraid, I was sympathetic towards him. He was broken. He lay there cradled in my arms, slowly rocking back and forth sobbing and shivering.

The last thing we expected to see was the heart monitor start beeping again and to hear the soft, subtle, "Justin, baby."

Justin jerked away and we both glanced at each other. "M-mommy?" He asked in a small voice.

"Justin. Mommy's here. It'll be okay. I promised I wouldn't leave my strong little warrior here. And that's a promise I planned to keep."