Job Search

One of the main problems with moving is establishing stability.

First step of getting comfortable in a new environment is having the financial means to do so, otherwise known as getting a job.

So here I stand. Just landed in an airport in California.

I decide to walk through the streets and become familiar with the place that is now my home.

As I am walking, I see a poster on the door of a shop.

It's basically a 'Help Wanted' poster for caretaking. It provided a name as well as a phone number in which they could be reached.

After fishing for my phone in my pocket, I hurriedly dialed the number. It rang for what seemed like forever before a soft voice reached my ears.

"Hello."

"Hi! Is this Pattie, by chance? I'm calling about the sign that was posted asking about a caretaker. I'm new in town and was actually passing by when I saw it."

"Oh, that is me! That's great! And what is your name, dear?"

"Autumn. Autumn Clarke. I just moved from Florida. It's been chaotic, to say the least."

She made a humming noise.

"You're all the way on the other side of the country. I would expect you to be a little out of sorts, hun. That's alright. When would be a good time to meet with you?"

"Actually, any time would be great. The sooner the better."

"Good. How would tomorrow around noon work?"

"That would be fantastic. Is there anything that I'll need to bring with me?"

"Just bring yourself and a couple forms of identification, please," she requested.

She provided me with the address and we both thanked each other.

Hanging up the phone, I sighed contently to myself. Maybe this will be easier than I thought.