The Abominable Phone Call

12:30- The Next Day
Autumn's POV
I was cooking Justin's favorite. The lunch consisted of pasta and spaghetti. I personally loved Italian foods, so I had no problem cooking it.

"I'm starving, Autumn," Justin moaned like a five year old causing me to chuckle.

"It'll be done in a minute. Be patient, Jay," I chastised.

Justin sat there on the bar stool staring at me. Never blinking, he just gazed at me. I became nervous under his glance. "Justin, babe. Is something wrong?" I pondered.

He became embarrassed he was caught. "No-No. You're j-just really p-pretty. Scratch that you're beautiful," his last statement came out more confident. He made me nervous.

"Thank you, Justin. That means a lot. I've never been told I was beautiful before," I told.

He looked appalled. "N-no one has ever told you, that you're beautiful? No ones ever seen you're true beauty? Autumn, you're are the most breathtaking thing I have ever witnessed, and I've seen many types of food," he chuckled, and I had to laugh as well.

"No. Not really. I mean I've had boyfriends but they've never complimented me, and after we broke up they'd call me disgusted, repulsive names."

Justin looked angry when I mentioned the ex boyfriends, but his expression softened when I told him about the name-calling.

"Autumn, baby. I'm sorry. Don't let those names get to you. You're perfect. They only called you that, because you left them." He tried to make me happy.

After cleaning up the dishes, the phone rung. I looked at the caller ID; Miami Hospital and Emergency Care. My stomach dropped.

I answered the phone. "Hello. This is Autumn Smith. How may I help you?" I rushed out.

"This is Doctor Martinez. Is any relative of Pattie there? If so, I need to speak to them immediately."

"Her only relative is her son. And he has autistic. I'm his babysitter. Can you please tell me what is wrong?" I asked trying to sound patient.

He sighed. "Pattie has been in a bad car accident. We have no idea if she'll make it. I'm really sorry."

Immediately my heart hurt. Justin came walking down the stairs looking confused. Please don't ask, I muttered to myself.

"We'll catch a plane early tomorrow." I hurriedly came up with.

"Alright. Well my condolences go to her family." He apologetically said.

I hung up the phone and Justin came over to me. "What happened. You're getting a plane tomorrow. Are you leaving me already? Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be a burden to you-" I cut off his rambling.

"It's okay, Justin. I'm not leaving you. We're both catching a plane tomorrow. Your mom has been in a bad car accident."

As soon as I said that his eyes became glazed over with tears and his lip became a pout.
"Is m-mommy going to be o-okay? Is she going to leave me like my dad?" He sobbed out.

"No baby. She's going to be okay, I promise." 

We fell asleep cuddled into each other, his sobs resonating into my ear.